Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PTO process after inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. My inspection for a 4kw and no PW system was done last week and it passed. Got an invoice same day which i paid as well. I was told that after inspection I won't have to do anything and everything would be handled by Tesla. However I got an Agreement and Customer Authorization form from PGE to fill through docusign on saturday which i did. In the confirmation it is mentioned that a Form 79-1151B-02 needs to be filled online and after that PGE would start reviewing it. Not sure who would complete that. Is this the right process ? I am afraid if Tesla messes up the paper work then PTO would unnecessary get delayed. Sent an email and text to my advisor but no reply so far.

My timeline went like so:

Inspection was done last Tuesday and passed. Got invoice same day and paid via CC.

About an hour and a half later, I got a notification that I had to review and sign 79-1151A-02

About 15 minutes later, I got a notification that Form 79-1151B-02 had been completed by Tesla

Late in the workday on Friday I called PG&E just to make sure everything was copasetic and had been supplied, they said they were waiting on the final signed inspection and needed a minor discrepancy fixed between the 1151A and 1151B contents (sounded like just a typo on numbers), and had emailed Tesla about half an hour prior

Monday afternoon I checked back with PG&E to see if they got what they needed from Tesla. They hadn't yet, so I pinged my advisor just to let him know.

Yesterday around dinner time I got a revised 79-1151A-02, which I signed immediately.

Today I got PTO.

My timeline went like so:

Inspection was done last Tuesday and passed. Got invoice same day and paid via CC.

About an hour and a half later, I got a notification that I had to review and sign 79-1151A-02

About 15 minutes later, I got a notification that Form 79-1151B-02 had been completed by Tesla

Late in the workday on Friday I called PG&E just to make sure everything was copasetic and had been supplied, they said they were waiting on the final signed inspection and needed a minor discrepancy fixed between the 1151A and 1151B contents (sounded like just a typo on numbers), and had emailed Tesla about half an hour prior

Monday afternoon I checked back with PG&E to see if they got what they needed from Tesla. They hadn't yet, so I pinged my advisor just to let him know.

Yesterday around dinner time I got a revised 79-1151A-02, which I signed immediately.

Today I got PTO.
Wow, that was quick. Looks like 79-1151B-02 is still pending in my case. I did not get any notification of its completion.

what the heck? In my case my advisor was the one that submitted the B form. I’d give PGE a call and see if they’ve received.

(877) 743-4112
Yep checked with PGE and they confirmed that they have not received the B form. Wondering if advisor doesn't know then who is going to fill and submit it.. my A form submission was copied to [email protected] as well. They should know what needs to be done. Unnecessary delay..

Yeah I'll be honest I'm quite surprised by how smooth the process was. I expected to get caught in some maelstrom of insanity for months on end

Starting month three of waiting for PTO. After 5 attempts, it looks like Tesla might have finally sent the right documents to PG&E at which point it'll be another 4 to 6 weeks for PGE to approve it since it's a 3 PW system which takes a lot longer.