Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PTO registered with Tesla today but no exports to the grid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

We received PTO approval from PG&E yesterday afternoon. We have a 12 kW array with 3 Powerwalls. I spoke with Tesla this morning to confirm my PTO and received the texts and emails from them stating it was Ok to turn the system on (it had already been on in self consumption mode prior to PTO). The Powerwalls hit 100% today about 1pm, and then the solar panels promptly matched themselves to the home load and didn't export any excess to the grid. I called customer support and they had me do the standard reset of the Gateway 2 and Powerwalls, which didn't resolve the issue. They escalated to tier 2 and told me they'd give me a call and hung up.

Anyone else been in this position? Any help?

Thanks!

i have the same issue. just called tesla they told me there is a system issue ongoing now that some solar will stuck in the self-consumption mode and can not switch into self-powered, and will submit a ticket for me but need to wait 10 days .
to be honest I don't know that 's the true reason.

Yep. Two Powerwall+ and one Powerwall 2. System had been miswired when it was first installed.
Hi! Did you get this issue resolved? I’m having the same problem. I have two powerwall plus with PTO approved. When the two batteries reach 100%, one of the inverters shuts down and the other continues exporting. I have net metering so I am loosing half of my solar production. It happens regardless of the amount I have for self consumption or if I choose 100% backup.