Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PTO with SCE - help with current status.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this mean that all documents look good so far and since I have Powerwalls, additional technical review would be needed before final PTO? Basically I guess there is no action required from Tesla at this point, correct?

8.16 kwh solar panels + 2 Powerwalls.

11/2 - Final inspection approved by L.A county
11/5 - Tesla files for PTO with SCE
11/18 - I get 2 automated emails at same time at 5.36 PM from SCE.

Email 1

Subject - Deemed Valid – NST-1XXXXX

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for submitting your Net Energy Metering Interconnection Request ("IR") for: <my home address>. Your application has been deemed complete and valid as of the date of this e-mail. Your application will continue through the IR process, and may require additional technical review prior to finalization.

Email 2

Subject - Pending Final Documents - NST-1XXXXX

Dear Applicant:

We have reviewed your submission and have determined that additional technical review is required in order to complete your Interconnection Request ("IR"). In addition, other documentation may be required to complete your IR:

(Interconnection agreement, Final inspection documents attached) <- Provided by Tesla

In order to provide the pending milestone(s), visit your Interconnection Request, locate the Available Form 'Submit Agreement' and/or 'Submit Final Inspection' to upload these documents.

That second email looks to me like they want some more information from someone to complete the interconnect request. That first one is the one you get when someone assigned to it in SCE is reviewing it and deciding whether to grant PTO or not, at least thats what I remember.

Checking back through my email, I got 2 emails on the same day similar to yours, except my first one gave me the name of the engineer assigned, and the second one said that the engineer had completed the review and passed my application forward in the process. Both of those came on february 24th (my install date was Jan 6th), while the email granting PTO came on March 6th and specifically had "permission to operate" in it.

That second email looks to me like they want some more information from someone to complete the interconnect request. That first one is the one you get when someone assigned to it in SCE is reviewing it and deciding whether to grant PTO or not, at least thats what I remember.

Checking back through my email, I got 2 emails on the same day similar to yours, except my first one gave me the name of the engineer assigned, and the second one said that the engineer had completed the review and passed my application forward in the process. Both of those came on february 24th (my install date was Jan 6th), while the email granting PTO came on March 6th and specifically had "permission to operate" in it.

That last line in second email is a standard footer. I saw them on the first email I got from Tesla when they applied. Its a standard footer which tells applicant to upload the interconnection agreement and/or final inspection document ..both of which were already provided by TESLA in initial application.

I was told technical review happens when you have Powerwalls,, did you have Powerwalls too?

That last line in second email is a standard footer. I saw them on the first email I got from Tesla when they applied. Its a standard footer which tells applicant to upload the interconnection agreement and/or final inspection document ..both of which were already provided by TESLA in initial application.

I was told technical review happens when you have Powerwalls,, did you have Powerwalls too?

Yes, actually my install this year was only powerwalls added to my existing solar.

Just telling you that I got a separate email, later, that PTO was granted... but again I was only adding powerwalls to existing solar, so I wasnt paying that much attention because my powerwalls had been on since the installer left, which was Jan 6th (lol).

I already had existing PTO for solar from 2015

Reactions: mnsweeps
Does this mean that all documents look good so far and since I have Powerwalls, additional technical review would be needed before final PTO? Basically I guess there is no action required from Tesla at this point, correct?

8.16 kwh solar panels + 2 Powerwalls.

11/2 - Final inspection approved by L.A county
11/5 - Tesla files for PTO with SCE
11/18 - I get 2 automated emails at same time at 5.36 PM from SCE.

Email 1

Subject - Deemed Valid – NST-1XXXXX

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for submitting your Net Energy Metering Interconnection Request ("IR") for: <my home address>. Your application has been deemed complete and valid as of the date of this e-mail. Your application will continue through the IR process, and may require additional technical review prior to finalization.

Email 2

Subject - Pending Final Documents - NST-1XXXXX

Dear Applicant:

We have reviewed your submission and have determined that additional technical review is required in order to complete your Interconnection Request ("IR"). In addition, other documentation may be required to complete your IR:

(Interconnection agreement, Final inspection documents attached) <- Provided by Tesla

In order to provide the pending milestone(s), visit your Interconnection Request, locate the Available Form 'Submit Agreement' and/or 'Submit Final Inspection' to upload these documents.
hey sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I also just received my EMAIL 2 from your comment. Just to be clear, upon receiving email #2, you didn't have anything to do right?

I'm not the OP but correct there is no action to take after the second email.
You also actually responded to my other question (timeline PTO question) in a separate thread lol. Thanks man! Since you went through the whole thing, is there anything that surprised you that I should know about? At the moment i'm on the Pending Final Documents stage. Any tips for the rest of the steps? Did you also apply for SGIP?

Last edited:
You also actually responded to my other question (timeline PTO question) in a separate thread lol. Thanks man! Since you went through the whole thing, is there anything that surprised you that I should know about? At the moment i'm on the Pending Final Documents stage. Any tips for the rest of the steps? Did you also apply for SGIP?
Nothing to do but wait it out at this point. I received my PTO email on Wednesday from SCE. I didn't participate in SGIP so have no idea what is involved with that.

Reactions: cvincent
A question for those who have PTO with SCE...

The email states:

Service under the NEM Rate Schedule will become effective on your next regularly scheduled meter read date, if proper metering is in place, or the next regularly scheduled meter read date following installation of the required bi-directional or interval data meter.

Does this mean I won't get any NEM credits until the start of my next billing cycle? If so unfortunately I received PTO during the first day of my billing cycle and will have to wait a month before getting any credits.