Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Public Charging in London

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm due to take delivery of my M3 LR next week and for the next few months will be living in a flat so won't have my own charger until I move house.

I am trying to workout the best public network to use in London for the time being - does anyone have any views? There are Source London and Ubiquity charge points nearby but keen to hear if anyone is in a similar position to me relying on public charging for the moment.

When I first got the car I didn’t have a driveway charger, so I tried a few different options near(ish) my house. And what I found is that each charger has its own unique set of conditions which will make you love or hate it. So just check out all the options you have nearby, and then you’ll be in a better place to decide what to sign up for (with some you have no choice, you *have* to sign up before using them, but I didn’t have to sign up to a contract on any of the ones I tested).

Be careful relying on Source London, they have their own fleet of hire cars that get dumped on chargers until someone hire them so you can find random chargers blocked by their own cars for days on end - I used to use on in Lots Road but found that 9/20 times recently it was blocked by BPL cars

I’m in London and relying on Local superchargers and source London. Have a flexi subscription but might upgrade to full as it’s pretty expensive on flexi, however it’s worked flawlessly and the booking system works if you need it. I’ve tried to use ubitricity a couple of times but None near enough to be opportunistic and points are always blocked by Non charging cars so end up at source London for twice the price