TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Public charging stations in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jackyche, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

I want to drive my Roadster to Vancouver but my parents live in a condo and thus no charging facilities there.

Based on some of the apps from my iPhone, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choices for public charging stations in Vancouver.

So I have two questions:

1) is there another resource that I may use which will include a more comprehensive list of charging stations in greater Vancouver area?

2) are there any HPC's in Vancouver / Richmond area at all?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I don't know what's in Vancouver, but you could get a full charge at a 70A HPC in Blaine just before crossing the border. Then you'd have a full battery for driving around there, and you'd only have to get back to Blaine to get charged again. See a map HERE.

I believe the Blaine HPC has a J1772 head on it, so you'll need a J1772 adapter. (I am in Redmond and have one you can borrow). Or you could use the one at the Ferndale Events Center instead; I am pretty sure that still has a Roadster head on it.

3. Orthonos

Orthonos Member

There is a charging spot on the Canadian side of the border, and there are some parking spots for EVs in Vanocouver (I have seen them) but I don't know of a list. I don't know their amperage.

4. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

Thank you Chad for your generous offer. I bought Ben Goodwin's 'Can' a couple of weeks ago.

I'm afraid the Blaine one might be taken up by Leaf owners and such, but the best bet is probably the Ferndale unit.

Can't wait to see where the stations are installed at with the Sun Country Highway project.

5. Olivier007

Olivier007 Member

Hi

The Sun Country Highway network is being launch at the moment and you will soon see our stations all across BC.

Stay tuned on:
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/suncountryhighway
    Twitter: @suncountryhwy

Regards,

Olivier Delisle
    Business development
    Sun Country Highway

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

6. Vger

Vger Active Member

A bit late to post, but for future reference... One other good option: There is a 70A HPC at the Loden Hotel in downtown Vancouver. If you ask nicely, I believe that they will let you charger there even if you are not staying.