Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Public charging UK - south of Birmingham

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am Joost from the Netherlands. In two weeks time I have a wedding near Birmingham (area of Worcester and Droitwich). Now I am staying in a hotel in Droitwich for a few nights, but they are not sure if I can charge my car over there.
I found a close-by charger in Droitwich at a car park near the hotel (1 km away), which could serve as a back-up.
I've found it's a charging station from eVolt and is operated by APT.
Does any of you know what kind of pass or app I might need to start a charging session?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 40
I found a close-by charger in Droitwich at a car park near the hotel (1 km away), which could serve as a back-up.
I've found it's a charging station from eVolt and is operated by APT.
Does any of you know what kind of pass or app I might need to start a charging session?

I think you have old information

I haven't visited myself, but based on the operator's maps:

That unit (in the carpark of the Waitrose supermarket) appears to be a 7kW type-2 point on the Chargemaster/Polar network. They operate a scheme with a monthly subscription to get an RFID card ("Polar Plus"), and also have a phone app ("Polar Instant") for occasional use. However, I just tried to access that point with the Polar Instant app, but it says "This chargepoint is available only to POLAR Plus" - probably the online comms to the point are broken and it only works with the card.

A short distance away, at the Chateau Impney hotel, there is a rapid charger on the CYC network. This can be accessed on the CYC app ("ChargeCar" in the Apple AppStore), and they also have an automated telephone-based service. It's quite expensive - £5.50 for the first 45 minutes, then 15p/minute with a max of £12. A reasonable cost if you have a CHAdeMO adapter; although the point also has a type2 cable, it's priced at the same rate and so too expensive unless you are desperate.

• Informative
Reactions: Joostdz
Alright, thanks for the information!
I found the info on Chargemap.com. But it's good to know that information in there can be outdated.
Probably need to rely on the nearby SuC then.. I'll do a bit of digging into Polar as well, let's see if I might be able to get a card at home, I see on the website the first 3 months subscription is free so I might try.