TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Public Factory Tours Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by ifwinterends, May 20, 2015.

1. ifwinterends

ifwinterends Member

I could have sworn the Tesla Factory page used to say that public factory tours were "Coming Summer 2015", but that seems to have been removed in the last week or two. Anyone know if they are still planning on having public tours? I will be in town in August and was excited about the chance to take one.

2. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

There were tours happening when I was there supercharging last week. But I guess the operative word might be "public"; there was some sort of big business group, and there were a bunch of owners, but it wasn't clear to me that anyone could just rock on in. Give 'em a call and ask...

3. TES-E

TES-E Member

I am going in about two weeks. You must be an owner to schedule a tour. The owner must be present to take the tour.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

The OP was asking specifically about previously-mentioned public tours.

5. ifwinterends

ifwinterends Member

I called yesterday and the rep at the Fremont Delivery Center asked and no one had heard of any plans for public tours. I started thinking maybe I was imagining reading it, but the wayback machine has proved me sane. Somewhere between May 4th and yesterday, the wording was removed.

"Factory tours will be available to the public in mid-2015"

Tesla Factory | Tesla Motors

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I think there was (briefly) plans to offer public tours - and I'm sure there are still plans to do so. But until there are enough employees to handle public tours, I'm guessing that will be on hold.

It will be a great marketing tool.

7. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Sure, they've always allowed the public to tour. The signup page is right here. Just requires a $2500 fully refundable deposit. ;-)