TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Public Service Ads we should run

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by gregd, Aug 15, 2016.

1. gregd

gregd Member

I proposed this thought during the BMW thread in the Model 3 forum (The M3 terrifies BMW), but the topic really isn't M3 specific, nor even Tesla-specific. So, a new thread here...

By way of background, BMW posted a couple of ads aimed at getting folks who are waiting for the Tesla Model 3 to consider the BMW 330e instead. My concern is that the ads play on the lack of general knowledge about EVs (e.g. seeming to get useful charging from a 120v outlet). BMW's agenda, here at least, is about selling that car, not moving the overall EV agenda forward.

So I proposed that we need to get our own ads, aimed at waking up the general public to what EV ownership can do for them. Get people thinking about the opportunities, not the limitations, that are inherent in EVs that have their primary (i.e. real-world practical) energy storage in battery form (Teslas, Leaf, Volt, etc.). I'm specifically omitting vehicles where charging is highly optional and marginally beneficial (BMW 330e fits here), as in my opinion they are unlikely to be plugged in after the novelty wears off. Hybrids (gas-weighted) are necessary and valuable, but I'm looking a bit farther down the line.

So, with all this in mind, here's a first, very crude, PSA.

Yes, it needs someone with more of an "announcer" voice. But other than that... What do you think?

Add your own! Criteria: Short, positive, EV-generic, single topic.

• Like x 2