Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Publicity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all my name is Kevin and I have been reading the site for a while and been unable to post here. That has now been corrected thanks to Tony and Dan but you may end up regretting that LOL :) I posted the following on TMs site and of course got no response. Hoping that perhaps some of you can shed some light on this topic... Please note that the entry is directed at TM blog not TMC blog LOL

Roland,

I have to second your comments. I feel EXACTLY the same way. Lately, I have actually taken to reading this blog less and less. Not because I am not interested because I am. But because there seems to be much better sources of information out there. The fact that TM’s own web site is so out of date that we are going elsewhere for information should be a VERY disturbing fact to management. It seems that the more we discuss adding more content to this site the less information we actually get. I realize that many of the folks at TM are VERY busy right now with 2 MAJOR projects but they certainly manage to leak information surepticiously to the press and make lots of efforts to to put out information in a round about manner. Why not just come out and announce it? Be PROUD of what you have accomplished and DECLARE it. We have put out X cars! We have X cars at the factory waiting to be shipped to the US! We have delivered X cars to customers! We are testing a working Drive train for the Whitestar - or um S - model. My feeling is a small little post here would certainly do more for publicity than calling any paper or leaving a car out for someone to see by mistake. Once it is posted here the news will travel VERY fast to the media and the web. As was the case with the Model S drive train. And Hunter, that was my point in posting the comment on the mule. I had in fact read in other places that the story was confirmed by Darryl. My point was why not be proud and declare it here rather than sneak it out. What is the point !?!?!?!?!? If in fact TM is making great progress on delivering Roadsters and they are making huge steps forward on the Model S - BTW I hate that name Whitestar is much better - THEN JUST SAY SO !!!!!

Hopefully others here will echo the sentiments of Roland and myself and maybe - just maybe TM will get the idea. They have a great marketing gimmick right here that they are refusing to use !!!! AND IT IS FREE !!!! Why not use it to your best advantage !?!?!?!?!?

Hi Kevin,

Welcome (finally) to the TMC blog, I know that you've been trying to register for a long time.

I tend to feel the same way about the TM blog, and I rarely visit it now, as there is hardly ever anything interesting on there now. I think that TM is making a big mistake when they choose to neglect their online fan base, but it's not the first one they've made, and I'm pretty sure it won't be their last.

Anyway, welcome, it's great that you can join the conversation.

All the best,

Chris H.

Chris,

It scares me when we think alike !!!!! LOL Usually our opinions are completely opposite ....
If we all held the same opinions all the time, it would be a pretty boring blog. I don't mind people holding different opinions to mine, as long as they can articulate them intelligently, and defend/explain them to a reasonable degree.

What I do find objectionable is censorship of ideas, and a stubborn resolve by some people to suspend their capacity for independent thought.

As I'm sure you already know, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't always make it drink...

All the best Kevin,

Chris H.