Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puddle Lights - Problem with Rear Doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who has installed puddle lights in both the front and rear doors.. Have you ever had a problem with the rear ones dimming when the front door is open? As you can see in pictures 2 and 3, when the other door is closed, they look incredible (The T is much sharper than it shows in picture). But when both doors are open, the rear puddle light is barely even visible. When I shut the drivers door, the rear door puddle light gets brighter. Does anyone know if this is an overall power issue? Or is the car programmed to dim the rear puddle light if the front door is open?

144060410_10159549013419575_9075060338847266661_n.jpg

141735149_10159549435404575_6089701860538252771_n.jpg

143828796_10159549013444575_8088433595055092849_n.jpg

Yes, my RPMTESLA lights did just that. I ordered a new set of 4 from a different vendor and it still dims a little when both front and back are open but substantially better than before. I am the only that notices it because I was looking for the issue with the new set.

its because you have the Logo lights in the front. They draw more power than the standard light pattern. Thus when you have your front door open and then open the rear, the rear will not illuminate.

If you purchased just the standard upgrade LED, all 4 doors will work just fine. I know from experience with AO logo lights and have since returned/went to the upgraded LED without logo

I did not. I only installed the AO logo puddle lights in the front doors and their standard upgrade on the rear doors.

I am pretty sure they mention it on the website that the logo puddle lights draw more power and if all doors are open, the rears will not illuminate. Once I switched out the logo puddle lights to the standard upgrade puddle lights, zero issues

I did not. I only installed the AO logo puddle lights in the front doors and their standard upgrade on the rear doors.

I am pretty sure they mention it on the website that the logo puddle lights draw more power and if all doors are open, the rears will not illuminate. Once I switched out the logo puddle lights to the standard upgrade puddle lights, zero issues

You're saying your Tesla came from the factory with blue footwell lights, or that some previous owner put them in, or some shop put them in for you, or the Blue Footwell Light Fairy did it?

Just installed 4 “T” logo puddle lights, but when I open all 4 doors, only the front doors stay on. They are supposed to stay on when all 4 doors are open. Thoughts?

(moderator note)

Moved the thread you created into this existing thread on this topic.

========================

(Regular content post)

Not sure what brand you bought, but as this thread states, all 4 doors do not work on model 3 / Y if you have puddle lights on all 4. A popular maker of these lights has that clarification:

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 11.32.55 PM.png

So, if whomever you purchased them from assured you that they would all work at once, you need to go back to them and ask why they dont... but I dont think thats the proper expectation (that they all work at once).