Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puddle Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
I replaced the puddle lights in my front doors yesterday and I noticed the car shuts down as soon as I pulled out the light. It turned back on when I put on the upgraded lights. Did anyone else noticed this when upgrading the puddle lights? Wondering if it's normal.

Reactions: preilly44
I replaced mine and I don't recall the car shutting down. The door kind of resets and the window cycles through the open closed positions. Just be careful you don't close the door with the light disconnected because the glass will hit the chrome.

It's normal because the car thinks you just closed the door when you pull the light out. And when you close the door normally, the car would shutdown and roll the windows up. So what you don't want to do is you don't want to pull the puddle light out, then close the door without installing the new puddle light.

Reactions: 0ptions
I didn't close the door. But I was pretty freaked out when all of a sudden the music stopped and the screen was completely off. I was really relieved when everything turned back on once I put in the new LED. I was really scared something short circuited.

I replaced the puddle lights in my front doors yesterday and I noticed the car shuts down as soon as I pulled out the light. It turned back on when I put on the upgraded lights. Did anyone else noticed this when upgrading the puddle lights? Wondering if it's normal.

yes I noticed.

AND - DON'T CLOSE THE DOOR IF YOUR WINDOW IS UP!!!!!!!!!! <------when you pull the puddle light out.

Reactions: tyanger
Almost everything is made in China, like iPhones.

Exactly. So I wonder if it’s racism or ignorance when someone infers a negative connotation to “Chinese made”.

I don’t see any fisheyes or dust nibs on the back of any iPhone I ever gotten that was made in China.

I’ll be laughing hard when my 2026 Model Y made in China will come with perfect paint.