Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puddle lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

I sat in my friends 2019 LWD M3 yesterday and I noticed he had puddle lights and door lights near the area for water bottles.

I have a early 2020 LWD M3 and I did not know that puddle lights and door lights was a thing/feature. Mine are completely off on all 4 doors. I have toggled the ambient lighting and still nothing. Only ambient lighting is the ones below passenger and driver feet.

Since I purchased the car I’ve never had seen the puddle lights/ door lights because I had assumed it never existed. But after noticing it now I’m curious as to why I don’t have it.

Again I played with the off and on and hard reset. It’s been like thst since day 1

2020 LWD M3

Mine 2019 LR DM also has those lights in the water bottle area... I did buy it from someone else. So are you sure it is a third party kit?

Edit:
See 0:22, there are the lights.. not 3rd party.

Another edit:
I found this in a post
The interior door pocket lights that lit the pocket in the door from the inside of the car were removed for 2020

So, lights in the storage area are not what I am calling puddle lights. At some point, tesla stopped including the door pocket lights ( the lights in the water bottle area) and the puddle lights (the ones that shine on ground) were never an included feature.

So, lights in the storage area are not what I am calling puddle lights. At some point, tesla stopped including the door pocket lights ( the lights in the water bottle area) and the puddle lights (the ones that shine on ground) were never an included feature.

Ok so I just checked, there are also puddle lights in my model 3. (under the door) the are not very bright so I never noticed them, but the are there.

I have puddle lights in my 2021 Model 3 SR+.
Sorry, We are talking about Door Pocket lights
OP used the wrong term. SR does not have the door pocket lights (just under your thigh within the door cubby)

See here for example