Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pull in spots for rear mount bikes and even large tow loads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing new chargers go in with a lack of pull in spots :(. I often carry a hitch bike rack and the pull in spots are crucial to not to have to unload multiple bikes and charge, also the new red metal poles they are using to prevent damaged to SC will make it even harder.
I'm really suprised with things like the coming Cyber truck they are not designing these to accomodate towing a small or large load.

• Informative
Reactions: jmaddr
I never thought about this but you are likely right. Even without a hitch, I have to get really close to those red barriers or the cable won't reach. I was considering a hitch mounted bicycle carrier and this would certainly be a problem. Maybe someone with a hitch can comment with experience.

• Informative
Reactions: surfaholic
When I have had to charge with bikes on the back I pull in perpendicular on the driver side. It does mean I use up 3 spots (unless I can get in at the end) but that hasn't been a problem in the few times I have needed to do it. Also some supercharger sites have chargers offset chargers that might help if you pull in nose first.