Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pulled the trigger on Solar in Dallas, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering solar and i'm in Mansfield, Tx. I"d love any guidance on where to look for resources on the solar grid policy, and how it's changed over the years since this post first appeared.

Also, I have a few solar providers calling me to give me quotes. Should i stick with Tesla panels or just go into the open market and look for the best deal/value, etc? I have also heard of other solar providers being licensed to install powerwalls, which i found interesting.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated!!!

Our 15.4 KW/4 PowerWall system was installed late 2019 by a Tesla-approved 3rd party installer.

While we initially planned to go with Tesla, we decided to use the 3rd party installer because we have a concrete tile roof and Tesla believed they would require a pallet of replacement tiles (the installer we used didn't break a single tile).

Our installer ordered the PowerWalls from Tesla and did the installation - and we've been satisfied with our system over the past 6 months.

With our 3rd party installer, we received a detailed proposal on what they were planning to do and the scheduled for the installation, before we committed to the purchase.

Our 15.4 KW/4 PowerWall system was installed late 2019 by a Tesla-approved 3rd party installer.

While we initially planned to go with Tesla, we decided to use the 3rd party installer because we have a concrete tile roof and Tesla believed they would require a pallet of replacement tiles (the installer we used didn't break a single tile).

Our installer ordered the PowerWalls from Tesla and did the installation - and we've been satisfied with our system over the past 6 months.

With our 3rd party installer, we received a detailed proposal on what they were planning to do and the scheduled for the installation, before we committed to the purchase.
I've signed up for 16KW install here in Pearland last week. Waiting for them to send me a response. Still debating if I need PW. Which 3rd party installer did you go with?