Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pulled the trigger today, minor aggravation already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very excited to order my car today, it's black on black MR, when I met with the salesperson yesterday for the test drive he gave me a quote for the financing, and on the screenshot he sent me it had the price (46,000) and it said on there that it include documentation and destination fee.

Today after I ordered and got the invoice it said 46K plus 1200 for documentation and destination fee. When I called he said it was an error not to include that in the price yesterday, and I believe it just slipped his mind. Still a little aggravating, I got a better rate at my credit union so I got pre-approval for the amount I expected it to cost. It shouldn't really make a difference for an extra $1200, and he said they would throw in the first year's service for free to make up for it, but it bothered me.

Otherwise, great experience. The test drive was great and I like the sales guy, I don't hold this against him. Looking forward to taking delivery by the end of the year!

Sounds like you got a new sales person. Besides forgetting the $1200 destination fee (standard even if you pick the car up at the factory) there is no recommended annual service for the Model 3. Maybe he’s confusing it with the Model S and X.

Sounds like you got a new sales person. Besides forgetting the $1200 destination fee (standard even if you pick the car up at the factory) there is no recommended annual service for the Model 3. Maybe he’s confusing it with the Model S and X.
There are fluid changes and tire rotations. But yes, nothing annual. I’m surprised.

Attachments

• 9BAEB345-DAD8-4A26-8A9A-9B930C507925.png
    9BAEB345-DAD8-4A26-8A9A-9B930C507925.png
    418.9 KB · Views: 57