TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pulled the Trigger!!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Elektron, May 21, 2018.

1. Elektron

Elektron Member

Long time listener, first time caller. Quietly, patiently waiting and watching for years. Finally test drove a MS yesterday. There Are No Words....
    Was thinking maybe CPO, but no way after they stopped refurbing. Order for new 75D midnight silver placed today. Cream interior, carbon fiber of course. Now the long wait begins.....September.....

• Like x 9
  2. pkodali

pkodali Banned

Did you remember to use a referral code? PM'd you mine in case you forgot

• Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. jeffdom1978

jeffdom1978 Member

Congrats!! The site still says Late June, did it say September when you ordered?

I ordered mine early March and I feel like it’s been an eternity already.. welcome to the club!

4. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Why Sept? I just built one on Tesla.com and it says late June. Other than that, welcome to the club. Be prepared to be stalking these forums everyday until you get your car.

5. Elektron

Elektron Member

It said late June, but they told me realistically september at the SC where i did my test drive. They said it could be sooner. Something about building and shipping cars for overseas markets and canada before they would start mine. And you're right tpham07, i will be stalking.

6. arcus

arcus Active Member

Congratulations! :)

7. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Sounds like Tesla is purposely delaying deliveries in the USA so more people can take advantage of the federal EV credit before it expires. If they push that 200k delivery to 3Q2018 (July) then the credit will last til the end of the year (the full $7500 at least)

8. Elektron

Elektron Member

Thanks!

9. Elektron

Elektron Member

That along with the fact that they are focusing heavily on the 3 right now.

10. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Supporting Member

Good luck with the car. Hope you don't have any issues.