TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pulsating Noise and Solution

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by BruceR61, Sep 21, 2017.

1. BruceR61

BruceR61 Member

I have a MS75, which I took deliver of on March 18, 2017. Today I had my first real glitch. I was driving and I heard what sounded like a pulsating repetitive noise from the front. I don't have a front motor so I was not sure why I had a noise.

After trying to change audio stations, mute audio, turn on wipers and windshield washers (things that could be in the front of the car), I pulled off the freeway. Even when the car was off, and I exited, the "bump -d- bump -d- bump sound continued. I pulled out the USB drive. No change. I selected a song through my iPhone. Sound continued. I changed streaming channels. Slow to change channels but sound continued.

Since I thought I'd be late to an appointment, I went to call my appointment, and once I dialed the phone through bluetooth, the sound stopped. Started again the second I hung up the phone. I was puzzled, but did a reset of the center screen and the noise went away.

Any ideas?

2. Off Shore

Off Shore Supporting Member

Was the phone in the cubby? I get GSM interference from time to time (buzzy intermittent audio caused by the phone talking to the tower).

3. BruceR61

BruceR61 Member

The phone was setting on the console, but the noise persisted even after I stopped the car and went out of the car with the phone. This was a consistent thump with beat.

4. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

#4 Evoforce, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Yep, you have to reset your Navigation Screen just like you did. It happens to me every now and then. For those that don't know, you have to push and hold the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the screen goes off, then immediately let go. Seems to be a usual glitch.

5. Doug4650

Doug4650 Member

Just happened to me last night. I thought that I had something wrong with the tire, then I noticed that it didn't stop when I stopped the car. Went away when I rebooted.