Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pumping gas is HARD!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few years back, after a few years of Model S driving, I was teaching my son to pump gas into my wife's Prius. It had been a while since I'd done it. Somehow the hand's free trigger lock didn't release when the tank was full and gas got everywhere including all over me. Derp.

There are YouTube videos of 2 stage Ego dual battery snow blowers getting the job done in more than a foot of snow. Pricy but you can use the battery in mowers etc.
As much as electric devices are getting better they aren't ready for snow. I have an electric mower which is just fine. Ego carbon fiber string trimmer with the self-winding (reversing) head that is a major upgrade from any gass one.

When I have too much snow for my Tundra, with the boss plow, 1000lbs of sand, and tire chains, I then fall back to the snowblower.

I have had my Ariens 926 32” Hydro Pro Model 926517. I am in Maine, I have a long steep driveway. After a big storm, I can use a few tanks of gas in the snowblower. I expect that the snowblower will be my last driven item at my house.

Has anybody seen an electric rear tine rototiller?

It's been about 2 years or so since I was at a gas station. However, we'd run out of gas for the snow throwers and so needed to get more for the next storm.
Oops, forgot to do that also. This was getting to be a LOT of work. How do people stand for this?
It is exhausting!!!
No chance to stretch and relax for a few minutes.
So happy with my Y choice now!
A grown man bemoaning the struggle of pumping gas. How pathetic. This thread proves true every pejorative stereotype of Tesla owners.

Given some simple math, shows the average ICE owner will need to refuel at least once every 10 days (excluding road trips. So that's about 36 trips to a gas station yearly. During that same time frame and mileage, an EV owner will wake up every morning with a FULL charge (or at least 90%) and NEVER have to visit a SuperCharger. So let's assume each refueling trip is about 15 minutes (540 minutes or 9 hours). EV owner = ZERO.

So unless you are taking long road trips an EV owner's life is much nicer than any ICE owner. At least that was my experience when I owned an ICE vehicle alongside our Tesla.

But I get the humor to the OP's post. The struggle for some is real I guess.

Given some simple math, shows the average ICE owner will need to refuel at least once every 10 days (excluding road trips. So that's about 36 trips to a gas station yearly. During that same time frame and mileage, an EV owner will wake up every morning with a FULL charge (or at least 90%) and NEVER have to visit a SuperCharger. So let's assume each refueling trip is about 15 minutes (540 minutes or 9 hours). EV owner = ZERO.

So unless you are taking long road trips an EV owner's life is much nicer than any ICE owner. At least that was my experience when I owned an ICE vehicle alongside our Tesla.

But I get the humor to the OP's post. The struggle for some is real I guess.
Refueling (charging) at home while ya sleep is the good life. PPL won't get "it" until they get it (EV) ironically.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Refuelling (charging) at home while ya sleep is the good life. PPL won't get "it" until they get it (EV) ironically.
Yep, need to own and charge at home to actually appreciate it. Never need to worry about gas price hikes or lines at the pump during shortages. Never have I seen my electric rates vary except a few percent increase every year or so. Adding electrons becomes a known cost and reliable as heck as opposed to gas which roller coasters depending on the markets.

We do have a whole house automated generator so even in a bind with no utility power for extended periods I could still charge then again it is almost always topped off. I pull into my garage and plug in even if I only took a few percent out of the battery, same goes when pulling into work. Both locations charge @48 amps with a wall connector so easy as pie.

Reactions: thesmokingman
A grown man failing to grasp the concept of humor, and spending his free time trolling online.
Poe's Law is alive and well........
To everyone quoting me and disliking my post, don't get me wrong. I have a 2022 MYP and I absolutely love it. I don't think I could see myself ever buying an ICE vehicle again, a sentiment most users here likely share.

Last edited by a moderator:
joker-why-so-serious.gif

Actually, I fail to read the OP as anything other than being satirical. He exaggerated every ordinary aspect of fueling up at a gas station just so he can achieve a sense of humor. It's better than a lot of the "serious" put-downs of ICE. EVs represent CHANGE, and like every major change in human history, it gets a lot of resistance from the "conservatives" who hate change. Sometimes a little poking back at them is fun and good-natured humor. It's only bad if you think too much into it.

Last edited by a moderator: