Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puncture- is repair possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first puncture with M3 after 12000 miles, the tyres aren’t too bad for 12000 miles so would like to keep them if possible. But not sure whether this is repairable- pics attached, please do let me know.

The other thing is I have got AA, so can ask them to come to have a look and change if needed. But got only one puck - hoping that you need only one if you are jacking up the wheel at home or roadside etc., - am I right in thinking so? I guess I might need four of them if I go to the shops like qwikfit or they might have it?

Anyhow not a good weekend!
4B295EEC-2D41-4F0A-B0DF-5BEAE4A10D79.jpeg
9C8E9386-6F1C-441B-839B-93D8208C63CB.jpeg

Sorry to say but that looks fooked to me. It may only be a small hole in the carcass inside the tyre however outside structure would be severely compromised and I wouldn’t want that going pop at 70.
Best thing to do is buy a pair of tyres and swap out both on same axle then keep the other tyre as a spare so if you get another puncture you just fit the used tyre.

Upvote 0
Also you shouldn't need your own pucks for use at tyre companies, they will be able to safely change your tyres.

Pucks aren't really needed, it just helps locating the right point to lift from. A tyre place will have a lift with arms that can be positioned on the jacking points. If you aren't confident they are competent to lift your car, I would imagine they aren't competent to change a tyre either.

Reactions: spdpsba
Upvote 0
Also you shouldn't need your own pucks for use at tyre companies, they will be able to safely change your tyres.

Pucks aren't really needed, it just helps locating the right point to lift from. A tyre place will have a lift with arms that can be positioned on the jacking points. If you aren't confident they are competent to lift your car, I would imagine they aren't competent to change a tyre either.
The pucks give clearance when they sit in the cups.

As for that tyre. It does not look good. If I was repairing it myself, it wouldn't bother me if just running errants around town at 30/40mph short bursts but no more than that. Other than that , a pro will tell you but be prepared for the worst likelihood.

Upvote 0
I would say it's too wide for a plug so will need to be replaced. I have a set of pucks and my goto garage sometimes uses as they often seem to loose the set they have due to them sitting on the last tesla they had in and forgot to remove.... :) Worth having just in case - just remind the garage you have them if needed and check they are back before you leave.

Upvote 0