Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puncture precautions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The jack they supply is of no use to a Tesla.
You need to jack the car up with a puck and that will not fit into the supplied jack.

They supply a Tesla puck which sits on top of the jack
I also had my doubts so emailed Road Hero directly and they said the puck sits on top of the jack *dunno*
They also mentioned they were in the process of designing a jack specifically for the Tesla where it doesn't need the puck.

I'll have to give it a try when I get my car tomorrow, I did have my doubts also!

Please don't bite my head off.... lol

1637958663914.png

Greenflag seems to cost only £40 opposed to RAC/AA over £80, any specific reason why? Are they rubbish?
Both AA/RAC are bigger brands and more expensive.

Functionally the only difference I found is AA can charge your car from their van. Green Flag will tow you to the nearest chargers. Not really a deal breaker but that may be one of the reasons. They do support Teslas and electric cars though.

Reactions: Liquidv
The service is also massively under resourced and for the cost of AA/Green Flag etc just not worth the saving. Sitting on the hardshoulder waiting for Tesla or spending £50 ish a year for a properly resourced breakdown service? A no brainer for me.
Last time I broke down at the side of the Mway was mid/late 80’s in a Ford Sierra, which turned out to be carb icing. Last time I had a puncture on the Mway was mid 90’s and that tyre had an inner tube from an earlier repair. I’ve driven over 200,000 problem-free miles since then.

I’ll take my chances, but I’m happy to eat humble pie if Tesla’s roadside recovery doesn’t deliver.

Steve

Everyone saying RAC, nobody saying AA? I picked up AA cover last year when I picked up my M3 LR.

Any particular reason to go RAC over AA?

Thanks

I've got AA, I get a discount through work that allowed me to get cover for both me and the Mrs for £85.

She's been a member for years and always got a better response than I did with anyone else on the occasions we've had to use them, but to me the big advantage is that we are the members not the cars, so if we're someone else's car then we're also covered.

And some of my friends have pretty ropey cars 😆

Thanks I was searching "blue cheese wedge" looking for your blue thing 😅

Cheese wedge is what the AA guy called it on an earlier visit. His were yellow ;) Obviously the edam version not the Stilton one ;)

It looks like the 2021 version of the wedge are made from unobtainium... I can't believe some of the prices!

I have one blue cheese one going spare. PM me if interested. DHL on standby ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: m3p_uk
Cheese wedge is what the AA guy called it on an earlier visit. His were yellow ;) Obviously the edam version not the Stilton one ;)

It looks like the 2021 version of the wedge are made from unobtainium... I can't believe some of the prices!

I have one blue cheese one going spare. PM me if interested. DHL on standby ;-)
Yes please, pm sending! :)

Everyone saying RAC, nobody saying AA? I picked up AA cover last year when I picked up my M3 LR.

Any particular reason to go RAC over AA?

Thanks
I have AA through the bank and they were great, when I had a puncture he managed to plug it on the roadside which bought me some time. This was on a different car but can't see the principle being any different.