Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Punishment for people damaging Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope who ever damaged it feels the full weight of the law and gets caught, Our law needs to be more harsh towards criminals who damage property and put general public at risk. They need to be held accountable and pay for damages that they cause including the time which Law enforcement official spends on them solving that particular case. And if they don't have a way to pay then go after anything they own.

I hope who ever damaged it feels the full weight of the law and gets caught, Our law needs to be more harsh towards criminals who damage property and put general public at risk. They need to be held accountable and pay for damages that they cause including the time which Law enforcement official spends on them solving that particular case. And if they don't have a way to pay then go after anything they own.

Unfortunately, these people have about $24.86 to their name. To garnishee their wages to pay for this vandalism puts a strain on the system. Most of these folks will quit their jobs when the garnishment order comes down the pike. They get hired elsewhere, get found, get served, and quit. Rinse and repeat.

We really ought to bring back the pillory and the stocks for people like these, Eighth Amendment notwithstanding.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, we get some pretty gnarly wind events. I've seen tumbleweeds the size of Buicks in the parking lot, so I'm not convinced it was an act of vandalism. Over the last few wind events, I've seen the black plastic bags shredded and ripped off all of the chargers, so some further wind damage doesn't surprise me and seems the more likely culprit.