TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PUP as standard?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PrGrPa, Jul 20, 2018.

1. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Supporting Member

Just checking out the pricing of a Model X to go along with our Model S. Seems the PUP is standard in Model S and Model X in the UK now. Neat.

If I were buying my Model S again I'd possibly err on the side of getting PUP because of heated rear seats and extra filter.

I'd definitely get it on Model X because of the self-presenting doors.

4.9% on finance makes them both pricier than I'd like, but so much car for the money.

2. NoBeard

NoBeard Member

In Canada too, but the price is up $4400

• Informative x 1
  3. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

The US too it seems......So I just placed on order on the model X without the PUP? Should I contact them to make the change or would they do it anyways? I wonder if I have to pay the $500 fee.

4. spectrum

spectrum Member

#4 spectrum, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    I am in the same situation.

I placed my order 1 month ago, and have at least 2-3 weeks before delivery (no date scheduled yet). I see a $2,500 reduction in cost with the new pricing, compared to what I signed up to pay. What will happen now? Will I get a price adjustment before delivery? Or am I screwed?

Anyone?

5. ek993

ek993 Member

My car is being delivered on 8/1. Obviously not happy about this as think some of the options in the PUP should qualify as standard at this price range - for example heated steering wheel. Good news for people who place an order now though.

6. crazymatt

crazymatt Member

I'm picking up mine tomorrow. UGH. $4500 more. I hate to wait but if i cancel and reorder I'd save $2200. Don't think that is a good option.

7. ai4px

ai4px Member

Sorry to ask, but what is PUP?

8. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

Premium Upgrade Package

9. crazymatt

crazymatt Member

Premium Upgrades Package

10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Hmmm when I rebuild same P100 config as I got earlier this year it’s same price :(

11. crazymatt

crazymatt Member

Apparently I can't do math (i'll blame it on a long week). The difference is $2,500. So with the loss of the $2500 down....there is no point in cancelling and re-ordering

• Funny x 1
  12. 13hartc

13hartc Member

Following. I just emailed my owner adviser as my car has yet to be built.

• Like x 1
  13. Footer

Footer Member

PUP has been standard in the P for quite a while, so you won't see a change.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  14. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...darn it Tesla ...than give me Track mode:eek:

• Like x 1
  15. supomglol

supomglol Member

Following.... I placed my order ~3 weeks ago, the PUP wasn't worth it to me at $5k, but at $2k... it's a completely different story. Especially on the X with more seats to take advantage of heat, and self-presenting doors.

• Like x 2
  16. supomglol

supomglol Member

Edit: Hold the phone... seems the price increased a total of $3,500 with the new base configuration on a 75D. Up to $83,000 from $79,500 base. Still a discount compared to before but not as significant as the electric article made it seem. Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price

• Like x 1
  17. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

At 3,500 the PUP is worth it. I did not get it and really am not happy with the "standard" audio. If I had it to do again I would sure get PUP for $3,500.

18. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

This makes me a little ticked off. I purchased my 75 with PUP but not EAP since I didn’t want to go too crazy and figured I’d add EAP later. Now, I could have had it for only $2k more than I’m paying for the car. I probably would have done that over paying $6k after the fact. I haven’t taken delivery yet and I wish Tesla would do something, but I’m guessing they won’t. Oh well. :(

19. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...but u get MCU2:oops: ...I missed that by few weeks earlier this year :(

20. Spelly88

Spelly88 Member

New hardware would still make me upset, but I’d at least understand that’s part of the process. This feels different. Like I just paid 6k for PUP and now it’s only worth 3k and I could have put the other 3k towards EAP.

• Like x 1