Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PUP as standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking out the pricing of a Model X to go along with our Model S. Seems the PUP is standard in Model S and Model X in the UK now. Neat.

If I were buying my Model S again I'd possibly err on the side of getting PUP because of heated rear seats and extra filter.

I'd definitely get it on Model X because of the self-presenting doors.

4.9% on finance makes them both pricier than I'd like, but so much car for the money.

The US too it seems......So I just placed on order on the model X without the PUP? Should I contact them to make the change or would they do it anyways? I wonder if I have to pay the $500 fee.

I am in the same situation.

I placed my order 1 month ago, and have at least 2-3 weeks before delivery (no date scheduled yet). I see a $2,500 reduction in cost with the new pricing, compared to what I signed up to pay. What will happen now? Will I get a price adjustment before delivery? Or am I screwed?

Anyone?

Last edited:
My car is being delivered on 8/1. Obviously not happy about this as think some of the options in the PUP should qualify as standard at this price range - for example heated steering wheel. Good news for people who place an order now though.

Following.... I placed my order ~3 weeks ago, the PUP wasn't worth it to me at $5k, but at $2k... it's a completely different story. Especially on the X with more seats to take advantage of heat, and self-presenting doors.

Edit: Hold the phone... seems the price increased a total of $3,500 with the new base configuration on a 75D. Up to $83,000 from $79,500 base. Still a discount compared to before but not as significant as the electric article made it seem. Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price

Reactions: P85_DA
This makes me a little ticked off. I purchased my 75 with PUP but not EAP since I didn’t want to go too crazy and figured I’d add EAP later. Now, I could have had it for only $2k more than I’m paying for the car. I probably would have done that over paying $6k after the fact. I haven’t taken delivery yet and I wish Tesla would do something, but I’m guessing they won’t. Oh well. :(

This makes me a little ticked off. I purchased my 75 with PUP but not EAP since I didn’t want to go too crazy and figured I’d add EAP later. Now, I could have had it for only $2k more than I’m paying for the car. I probably would have done that over paying $6k after the fact. I haven’t taken delivery yet and I wish Tesla would do something, but I’m guessing they won’t. Oh well. :(

...but u get MCU2:oops: ...I missed that by few weeks earlier this year :(