Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PUP as standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes me a little ticked off. I purchased my 75 with PUP but not EAP since I didn’t want to go too crazy and figured I’d add EAP later. Now, I could have had it for only $2k more than I’m paying for the car. I probably would have done that over paying $6k after the fact. I haven’t taken delivery yet and I wish Tesla would do something, but I’m guessing they won’t. Oh well. :(

See my post over at New Model X Configuration and Pricing. Unfortunately, you won’t get a discount.

Ugh, I feel your pain. My 75 was ordered at the end of June and still isn't in production, so I've already fired off an email to my DS to insist on a credit or a free upgrade to even things out. It'll actually be worth it to cancel if they won't make it right.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Ugh, I feel your pain. My 75 was ordered at the end of June and still isn't in production, so I've already fired off an email to my DS to insist on a credit or a free upgrade to even things out. It'll actually be worth it to cancel if they won't make it right.

If you cancel you lose the $2,500 non-refundable after 3 days ordering deposit.

People need to understand that Tesla does these changes all the time. My X even changed interior color combinations after I ordered. They discontinued the dark wood with the saddle and replaced it with a light Oak. I was thinking about changing to the carbon fiber, but was told that was not possible. Turns out the light Oak look great, but it was not what we ordered. On the upside, the car came with MCU2 which did not exist at the time I ordered and I think is considerably faster than the demo cars original MCU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kacey Green
I think most people, including myself, can be reasonable about those kinds of things happening. But in this case (or at least some of them), people's orders aren't in production, so at least trying to swing a deal makes sense. Unfortunately it looks like Tesla isn't budging after they take your deposit no matter how far out the car is. While there's nothing particularly shady about that (we DID sign a contract), there's still the feeling you get that you've missed out, and I can name lots of companies that make exceptions in order to make the customer feel better about a situation.

I actually did cancel my 75D order, but certainly not everyone would find it worth it to do so. I was at 96K with EAP/FSD and no PUP. When I originally ordered, I wanted PUP (I live in Spokane and could have really used the cold weather package), but for 6K it was just an instant "nope" for me. As time went on, I grew to realize that FSD just wasn't going to be "FULL" anything for years. At best, I'd be paying 3K for something that will probably require additional hardware retrofitted, and probably wouldn't happen before it was time to sell the car anyway, at which point I'd be paying for it all over again. Anyway, not trying to get in an argument about the pros/cons of (PRE)ordering FSD, but suffice it to say I regretted that option purchase, so that certainly weighed on my decision.

If I reorder now and ditch FSD, I get the PUP I originally wanted and save +$700 over the sticker I previously had without it. Basically I lost FSD and gained PUP for $1800 more when factoring in the lost deposit . I can live with that.