Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PUP: Can I control the doors through the FOB while having auto-present off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anzir

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2012
Central Florida
When I took delivery of my X I wanted to set the car with auto-present off but I still wanted to be able to open the front doors with the clicks on the fob. I was disappointed when the DS told me that it's not an either/or but a bundled option where you have to have auto-present on in order to control the front doors from the fob. Is there a workaround?

It’s been ok for me I actually just keep turned on
Works well for me, but I'm more conscious about when I walk on that side of the car. If I don't want the door to open at all and I need to get to the trunk, I walk on the passenger side. That seems to work the best. Price you pay to have self-presenting doors I guess. Love that feature to death though.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I was very sceptical about auto-presenting doors, but now happily living with it switched on. You do have to be careful though, it self-presents just a bit too early when approaching from the rear side IMO. Otherwise it's a cool feature to have. Better than I expected.

Reactions: Anzir
Our DS told us that it would be a love/hate relationship. At first it was kind of neat, but after going in and out of the garage with the FOB in my pocket, I got tired of having to shut the door all the time. I considered making a driver profile for when it was in the garage with the auto present off, but in the end, I just turned it off. It seemed like it was more of a "hey, look at this" feature than being useful....at least for me.

Reactions: DarrenK and outie
Auto present never gets old. For me. Yes, it opens at times in the garage when I am not actually getting into the car. But it has never hit anything. I love it! Auto present, sound, heated wheel. What I love about PUP, before it became std. Also too, we have avoided cow and diesel stink with BWDF....

Reactions: TexasRat