TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PUP: Can I control the doors through the FOB while having auto-present off?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Anzir, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

When I took delivery of my X I wanted to set the car with auto-present off but I still wanted to be able to open the front doors with the clicks on the fob. I was disappointed when the DS told me that it's not an either/or but a bundled option where you have to have auto-present on in order to control the front doors from the fob. Is there a workaround?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

No workaround unfortunately

• Informative x 1
  3. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

I keep having nightmares of a truck taking off my door because it autopresented...

4. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

it would take you out as well. autopresent only auto-presents when you're basically right there at the door.

• Like x 1
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

It’s been ok for me I actually just keep turned on

6. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Works well for me, but I'm more conscious about when I walk on that side of the car. If I don't want the door to open at all and I need to get to the trunk, I walk on the passenger side. That seems to work the best. Price you pay to have self-presenting doors I guess. Love that feature to death though.

• Informative x 1
  7. outie

outie Active Member

I believe if you don’t want the door to auto present when you approach is to press the top of the fob to “lock” it first.

• Informative x 4
  8. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I was very sceptical about auto-presenting doors, but now happily living with it switched on. You do have to be careful though, it self-presents just a bit too early when approaching from the rear side IMO. Otherwise it's a cool feature to have. Better than I expected.

• Like x 1
  9. SISU Life

SISU Life Member

Our DS told us that it would be a love/hate relationship. At first it was kind of neat, but after going in and out of the garage with the FOB in my pocket, I got tired of having to shut the door all the time. I considered making a driver profile for when it was in the garage with the auto present off, but in the end, I just turned it off. It seemed like it was more of a "hey, look at this" feature than being useful....at least for me.

• Like x 2
  10. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

Auto present never gets old. For me. Yes, it opens at times in the garage when I am not actually getting into the car. But it has never hit anything. I love it! Auto present, sound, heated wheel. What I love about PUP, before it became std. Also too, we have avoided cow and diesel stink with BWDF....

• Like x 1