TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

PUP interior trim difference with multi-pattern black

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by lano, Jul 18, 2017.

1. lano

lano Member

Does anybody have pictures of a non-PUP interior with next-gen multi-pattern black interior? I am especially interested in the part mark in the attached picture (center armrest and lower dashboard). Is there a big difference with and without PUP if you have the multi-patern black? I have only seen cars with PUP and they looked fine to me, but how does the interior look without PUP. The texts on the US and UK sites are not telling the same stor either (the text in Sweden is the same as in UK). Model S interior.jpg Premium_US.jpg Premium_UK.jpg

2. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Those parts will be vinyl or leather depending on PUP option...as will the door panel at the arm rest and the top edge. If you want to know how the vinyl will feel to touch, you can feel the top (above the stitched seam) area of the dashboard on a car at the dealer. They use vinyl in that area on all models due to leather not surviving heat/light/UV in that location.

Some people can't tell the difference. I guess if that includes you, it won't make much difference!