Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase/delivery experience for provinces without any physical locations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone.

I’m looking at pulling the trigger right away but am looking for some details on the purchase/delivery experience for those of you who have ordered in locations where there isn’t a service centre.

So I guess I’m looking for comments from people in Manitoba (that’s where I am), Saskatchewan, or the East Coast.

My biggest question that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere is trade-in. Am I still able to trade in my existing car?

Was there any additional fees on top of the “destination” fee?

I’m guessing the car is shipped to Calgary or Vancouver first, and then shipped out to MB. Does that add a bunch of time to the estimated delivery date?

Any other comments or details that I might be overlooking are appreciated, thanks!

I'm in Halifax. Car was shipped to Quebec City and then put on a third-party truck to my house. I was out of town when the delivery happened, so I routed them to a friend's place who did a quick check of the car, got the keycards, and that was it. The delivery drivers don't really know much - they'll just hand you the keys and take off. If you're not around to take delivery, I've heard of them just parking the car in your driveway and hiding the keys in your mailbox. Not the best delivery experience really, but my car was in near perfect shape (aside from being dirty from the trip), so no real complaints. A+, would do again.

Hey everyone.

I’m looking at pulling the trigger right away but am looking for some details on the purchase/delivery experience for those of you who have ordered in locations where there isn’t a service centre.

So I guess I’m looking for comments from people in Manitoba (that’s where I am), Saskatchewan, or the East Coast.

My biggest question that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere is trade-in. Am I still able to trade in my existing car?

Was there any additional fees on top of the “destination” fee?

I’m guessing the car is shipped to Calgary or Vancouver first, and then shipped out to MB. Does that add a bunch of time to the estimated delivery date?

Any other comments or details that I might be overlooking are appreciated, thanks!
The trade in value they offer you is an insult , you will do far better selling your car privately .
You will more then make up the tax difference saved that you gat when trading in with Tesla.
If you need service, you will have quite the drive , which would be my concern in MB

I had my car delivered to my house in Fredericton NB, as the closest dealership is in Quebec City. The process was fine. It was weird to see a transport truck full of Tesla's on my little side street, however.

There were no additional fees. The driver called me when he was about an hour out. I was at work, so it was nice he called with some advance notice. He asked me if I had any questions, and then got back to delivering cars.

There's a ranger/mobile tech that services Atlantic Canada. But we're definitely taking a bit of a risk being owners this far from a service centre. I've had my car since March and haven't had any problems yet (aside from a nail in my tire, which was just fixed by a local EV mechanic).