Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase magnetic holder looks good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased this from Ali Express actually it works really good was looking for a phone holder as we all know tesla does not have vent holder

I decided to go with this works great thought i give my 2 cents for the MY people

Attachments

• 28B55B7C-FA71-42EC-87DB-3440AEE8372F.jpeg
    28B55B7C-FA71-42EC-87DB-3440AEE8372F.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 33F81DDC-6DF8-4DE3-B88F-11CDCD7D95D4.jpeg
    33F81DDC-6DF8-4DE3-B88F-11CDCD7D95D4.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 206
I’ve been using this since late Sept and it’s been great. You can fold it and rotate it back and out of sight if you want. Need a thin MagSafe case or use the metal ring (has a cardboard guide for ring placement around the MagSafe ring). Holds great. I don’t like my phone higher as the wheel is either in the way or blocks some view.

Reactions: saj070
The charger sucks, just off and on charges but mostly heats the phone up. I ended up putting a spacer there so it doesn’t charge/heat my phone. Plus phone is easier to see there if I need to look/glance. On my M3 I didn’t mount anything just used the tray but the poor charging form makes the area less usable. Honestly wish I could disconnect the charging function.

Reactions: saj070
That's a good spot for the phone. I just need it a few inches closer than the "charging pad". I just don't want to leave a mark on the console and don't have an iphone/magsafe.

Any other mounts for this area?

I have this one in my other cars and was hoping to mount it to the lower backside of the screen, but I couldn't get it to stick.
Amazon.com

Someone did it on the high side, but I want it on the low side.
1669942943147.png

Last edited:
That's a good spot for the phone. I just need it a few inches closer than the "charging pad". I just don't want to leave a mark on the console and don't have an iphone/magsafe.

Any other mounts for this area?

I have this one in my other cars and was hoping to mount it to the lower backside of the screen, but I couldn't get it to stick.
Amazon.com

Someone did it on the high side, but I want it on the low side.
View attachment 880329
Most of the MagSafe ones have a metal ring you can stick to phone or case in order to use it.

The charger sucks, just off and on charges but mostly heats the phone up. I ended up putting a spacer there so it doesn’t charge/heat my phone. Plus phone is easier to see there if I need to look/glance. On my M3 I didn’t mount anything just used the tray but the poor charging form makes the area less usable. Honestly wish I could disconnect the charging function.
Yeah the wireless charging pad hasn’t been great for me either, but you can disconnect it; you just lift it up and unplug it from the usb c port.