Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase maintenance plan after “cut off”?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been going back and forth about whether to buy the 3-4 year maintenance plan.

Then I realize that while (slightly) under a year since delivery, I am slightly over the supposed 12,500 mile limit to enact this discount. I have 13,020 miles if it matters.

Out of curiousity I logged into my Tesla account and selected it for purchase and it went through the flow and presented me with the credit card buy purchase option. Even though allegedly I am ineligible technically.

So...if I click “buy now” will Tesla honor it? Or will they later say that that it doesn’t cover year 1 maintenance because I was over the limit?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

For my Mode X leased car, I bought the 3 year (times) maintenance plan when I took my car in for service. The car had about 15K miles on it. They didn't seem to care at the service department. I have since brought it in for another round of maintenance and they used my 2nd "credit". I didn't tell them anything, other than remind them that I had purchased the 3 year plan previously.