TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Purchase maintenance plan after “cut off”?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by CameronB, May 11, 2018.

1. CameronB

CameronB Member

I had been going back and forth about whether to buy the 3-4 year maintenance plan.

Then I realize that while (slightly) under a year since delivery, I am slightly over the supposed 12,500 mile limit to enact this discount. I have 13,020 miles if it matters.

Out of curiousity I logged into my Tesla account and selected it for purchase and it went through the flow and presented me with the credit card buy purchase option. Even though allegedly I am ineligible technically.

So...if I click “buy now” will Tesla honor it? Or will they later say that that it doesn’t cover year 1 maintenance because I was over the limit?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-LR M3AWD

For my Mode X leased car, I bought the 3 year (times) maintenance plan when I took my car in for service. The car had about 15K miles on it. They didn't seem to care at the service department. I have since brought it in for another round of maintenance and they used my 2nd "credit". I didn't tell them anything, other than remind them that I had purchased the 3 year plan previously.

3. CameronB

CameronB Member

Thanks for that info. Looks like it will probably be ok to get it and use all of the credits