Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase of inventory/demo cars in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As new iterations of the model S have gradually been coming out over the past year, what are Tesla UK doing with the older demo/inventory models? Whilst I realize there can't be many due to Tesla only starting to sell the Model S in the UK June 2014, they must have some. Has anyone purchased one, or managed to get an idea of prices?

I was offered an inventory car at West Drayton a few months ago. They had a couple of 85s and about twenty "P" models in the UK, all at a small discount.

The Bristol pop-up store - which has lasted a lot longer than initially planned - recently changed their showroom car from a (now slightly battered) white Model S for a stunning MC Red one. I expect the old one will be sold on too.

I was offered an inventory car at West Drayton a few months ago. They had a couple of 85s and about twenty "P" models in the UK, all at a small discount.

The Bristol pop-up store - which has lasted a lot longer than initially planned - recently changed their showroom car from a (now slightly battered) white Model S for a stunning MC Red one. I expect the old one will be sold on too.

All their cars are for sale. They have a formula to determine the selling price of their demo/loaner/press cars and they will very happily sell them to you.

Last year it was really hard to get a Model S loaner if yours had to go in for service work, since as soon as loaner cars got to the UK someone just bought them.

I bought a inventory car (P85+), very painless and usually good specs. An interesting comment to me when looking at the lists they have was to ask what the car had been used for and if possible get one of the "press" cars. As these are the ones loaned to the press they usually make sure they are as flawless as possible ie paint finish, panel fittings, pano roof fit etc