Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase registration address?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
Hello everyone!

I just put an order in for a new model S. As I'm getting it delivered to Hawaii, it'll be there in about 6-10 weeks as per the ordering page. And that's great! Because I am also not in Hawaii at this time.

I'm moving out there in about 5 weeks. I will have to isolate when I arrive, and I'm doing that in a hotel in Honolulu. However, the Tesla ordering page had me put an address for my registration. As I've no home there yet, I did not have one. Will this matter in the delivery and registration? I mean, by the time the car shows up, I'll have found a place to live, and I'll be physically picking up the vehicle. I assume the gallery can change the forms when I pick up, as they'll have to anyway for my military tax exemption.

I have tried calling Tesla, but (surprise surprise), couldn't get a hold of a warm body to answer, just redirected me to a full voicemail box.

Anyone else have this issue?

It can all be changed. If the system won't let you change something, call your nearest dealer, or the one you expect to service your car. All the employees work for Tesla and anyone can help you. This can all be changed up to delivery, except your delivery location, and if you change options on the car. Payment, financing, insurance, and your physical address can be changed.

• Informative
Reactions: LN1_Casey
It can all be changed. If the system won't let you change something, call your nearest dealer, or the one you expect to service your car. All the employees work for Tesla and anyone can help you. This can all be changed up to delivery, except your delivery location, and if you change options on the car. Payment, financing, insurance, and your physical address can be changed.

Thank you for replying! :) That is reassuring.