Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase used MX to rent on Turo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted a few opinions on getting a used MX to rent out on Turo. I currently have a MYP and thought about getting a used MX to rent out. In my market, nobody has a MX listed, so wanted to take advantage of that. Is it worth getting a used one? Is there certain things to look for? A few people told me that the MX has more problems. Just seeking advice. I am sure some of you have/do rent on Turo.

Thanks

Just wanted a few opinions on getting a used MX to rent out on Turo. I currently have a MYP and thought about getting a used MX to rent out. In my market, nobody has a MX listed, so wanted to take advantage of that. Is it worth getting a used one? Is there certain things to look for? A few people told me that the MX has more problems. Just seeking advice. I am sure some of you have/do rent on Turo.
Thanks
The X has a ton more problems than the 3 or Y. I would not own one without a warranty. But I m not sure warranty is available for cars that are rented out. My 2018 never stranded me, nor did it ever have to be towed (except for one tire replacement). But it was in the Service Center a lot. So much that the folks there still recognize me and address me by my first name.

So far my 2022 X has been problem free. But the future remains to be seen.