Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased 2021 3D Maxpider mats (Costco.ca), received 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the 3D MAXpider Kagu black floor mats for the 2021 Model 3 from Costco.ca, but the package received states 2018-2019.

Part numbers received:
FL-8910BK1
FL-8910BK2

I'm still a few weeks away from receiving the car, but from what I understand, these will not be an accurate fit. Can anyone confirm or share any advice?

I was told by a sales rep at PartsEngine Canada that the FL-8910BK2 rear mat may not fit perfectly. To fit the 2021 Model 3, you should have the FL-8911BK2. I haven’t received mine yet since they’re backordered, but I’ll pop back in for an update once I get them.

I called U-Guard (3D Mats) and they said that they had run out of the 2021 mats, so they sent me the 2018-2019 ones instead. They said if that wasn't going to work for me, then I could return the current ones to Costco.

They also said that new stock for the 2021 mats would be arriving mid-late June.

Pretty frustrating, would really like to have floor mats in place from day 1 of ownership and not need to compromise with creases in the mats due to a model year difference.

if "costco.ca" operates like costco in the US, this might be a minor annoyance but there shouldnt be any issue with returning them to costco if they dont fit.
For the most part yes it’s no hassle return.
I called U-Guard (3D Mats) and they said that they had run out of the 2021 mats, so they sent me the 2018-2019 ones instead. They said if that wasn't going to work for me, then I could return the current ones to Costco.

They also said that new stock for the 2021 mats would be arriving mid-late June.

Pretty frustrating, would really like to have floor mats in place from day 1 of ownership and not need to compromise with creases in the mats due to a model year difference.
That’s annoying, can’t believe they flat out just shipped the wrong product on purpose, Costco is pretty ruthless with their suppliers when it comes to not fulfilling their expectations so this kind of stuff reflects poorly on them. I’ll probably keep mine, I had a $25 coupon that I can’t get back in addition to the sale price. If the fit is really bad I’ll just return them once I’ve placed and received an order for new mats, probably from another supplier.

For the most part yes it’s no hassle return.

That’s annoying, can’t believe they flat out just shipped the wrong product on purpose, Costco is pretty ruthless with their suppliers when it comes to not fulfilling their expectations so this kind of stuff reflects poorly on them. I’ll probably keep mine, I had a $25 coupon that I can’t get back in addition to the sale price. If the fit is really bad I’ll just return them once I’ve placed and received an order for new mats, probably from another supplier.
To be fair I don’t think they meant to ship the wrong product on purpose. When using the external link to U-Guard’s website from the Costco page, I remember seeing only 2020 as the latest ”year” I could pick on the product selection page. Costco/U-Guard never represented that it would fit the 2021 Model 3, especially as it had only recently come out (when I checked in February) and the suppliers would not have known about the change to the rear row. Because of this uncertainty I went to PartsCatalog instead and got some extra information. So the Costco no hassle return should be fine.

To be fair I don’t think they meant to ship the wrong product on purpose. When using the external link to U-Guard’s website from the Costco page, I remember seeing only 2020 as the latest ”year” I could pick on the product selection page. Costco/U-Guard never represented that it would fit the 2021 Model 3, especially as it had only recently come out (when I checked in February) and the suppliers would not have known about the change to the rear row. Because of this uncertainty I went to PartsCatalog instead and got some extra information. So the Costco no hassle return should be fine.
I did see comments on other forums regarding others getting shipped the wrong product multiple times during these sales so I wonder if there’s an issue with how the website tracks through for certain brands. It’s odd, it specifically said 2021 for me when I went through and ordered. That now doesn’t seem to be an option, in fact I can’t seem to order any version for the M3. Is what it is, will just take them back if it doesn’t fit.

Yeah I'm also quite certain that I selected 2021 Model 3 at the time of ordering (May 5th). Will be interesting to hear what you receive @Chris416yyz . Do you already have your Model 3?

There seems to be quite a few conflicting reports online about how compatible the fit is. Sounds like there is a front passenger interior panel which is often not fully clipped in, but can be fixed with a small amount of force. Will need to wait and see I guess. Would be nice if my M3 SR+ arrived with carpet floor mats like what has been reported by AU/NZ owners.

Yeah I'm also quite certain that I selected 2021 Model 3 at the time of ordering (May 5th). Will be interesting to hear what you receive @Chris416yyz . Do you already have your Model 3?

There seems to be quite a few conflicting reports online about how compatible the fit is. Sounds like there is a front passenger interior panel which is often not fully clipped in, but can be fixed with a small amount of force. Will need to wait and see I guess. Would be nice if my M3 SR+ arrived with carpet floor mats like what has been reported by AU/NZ owners.
I got the same part numbers that you got, and on the external box it said 2019 Tesla Model 3 which I only noticed when I checked after you posting this thread lol. Still waiting for my car (ordered April 11th) so I’m the same place as you. The front passenger panel I’ve heard is the common cause of these not fitting

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seemed like the best place to put this…

I have a 2021 Model 3 on order here in Canada… when I looked on Costco.ca few weeks back, the 2021 model 3 3D Maxpider mats were not available. I checked again earlier this week and they came in stock. I ordered them and they arrived just 2 days later. Price was $159.99(CDN) + HST with free shipping. It looks like they’ve straightened out the part number issues, but I don’t have my car yet to try them in. :)

Attachments

• 4A8D6978-C10B-4F66-A0DD-A1BC7F1E1EAB.jpeg
    4A8D6978-C10B-4F66-A0DD-A1BC7F1E1EAB.jpeg
    797 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin