TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Purchased a Used Model S about to make a road trip form Washington State to So cal

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jimtelsa, May 30, 2014.

1. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

#1 jimtelsa, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    So Im looking for a route to take that could include seeing the sites, using the superchargers, and a stop at the Tesla factory
    Im starting in Seattle Washington...and ending up in Simi Valley California

i have about 3-4 days...at this moment to use before my son goes back to school...my co pilot that would not miss this for the world

look forward to your input...

ps its a 85

thanks

Jim

2. vetboy45

vetboy45 Member

I just went from the centralia supercharger to Mt. St Helens and back in a 60 with plenty to spare but I'm not sure how far off the track you want to get. Depending on how long you stay and what speed you drive, it could take 4-5 hours round-trip or so.

3. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

I just did a similar drive. I would consider going from the Gilroy supercharger down the coast (Highway 1)...there are superchargers within reach once you get to Atascadero and from then southward into L.A. If you go to the factory and are hoping for a tour, you should contact them ASAP (with your VIN)...although I'll bet the timeframe is too short for them to accomodate that request.

Another thing you could do is drive down the Oregon Coast and overnight in Brookings (there is a nice Best Western there and an RV park where I've charged just down the street) and then head back up to Grants Pass to Supercharge. There are several places to top off along the OR coast...or supercharge at Eugene and head out to the coast from there.

4. Cal1

Cal1 Member

Just did the tour last month. I'd skip it if I had it to do over. Major areas are cut out of the tour e.g. stamping of anything. Spent a significant amount of time describing what was behind the walls.

5. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

I had the same experience two weeks ago. I was on the 3 PM tour, and most parts of the line where completed for the day. I wonder if taking the earlier tour might be more interesting.