Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased AP 6 days ago, car still not updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took advantage of the discounted AP on Monday the 18th. The "Thank You" screen said:

Your Model 3 will automatically update within 3 days. Please note that your car will not update while offline, charging or being driven.

It's now Sunday, 6 days, and no AP. For the most part, my car has been plugged in and not charging, and connected to my home WiFi.

Any thoughts? Similar experiences? I've sent two notes to Tesla through my Tesla account on the website and another email to customer support. No replies yet.

Thanks in advance.

I think with the large number of deliveries they are trying to get done these last few weeks of March (all new owners will need to have accounts set up for them), plus all the sales generated for AP and FSD, Accounts is just backlogged. I’ve been trying to get my own account fixed—various issues going from my husband’s account with my car in it to my own account (car titled in my name at purchase), getting us both access to each others car, and other issues both app and online account related, I’m still waiting to see both of our accounts fixed. My ability to schedule service or pay for my FSD upgrade (no payment area I discovered) have been missing links, which I didn’t discover until last Sunday when I went to buy FSD. Talked to customer service and assured that will still happen at the reduced price, but yeah it’s frustrating waiting.

I do think both of our issues are just they are overwhelmed right now in Accounts. The phone Customer Service rep pretty much said as much. And in big scheme of things getting cars delivered to new owners is higher priority for the company right now. BTW have you checked your online account under Manage and looked at your car details? What happens when you try to activate AP through the stalk? Just wonder if you have it and didn’t know it.

Last edited:
Called customer support this morning. They said this is a "known" issue engineers are working on, and that the 3-5 day estimate was on the low end (which is incorrect -- the Tesla order confirmation page specifically says Your Model 3 will update within 3 days. But Tesla says I should expect it by the end of the week.

But who the hell knows.

Reactions: Catman20009
Even plugged a WiFi extender into an extension cord and then hung that outside a second storey window for a day to see if that might help boost the WiFi in the driveway.... you'd think the 2+ year wait for the car would have enhanced my patience but apparently not. :p