Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased & Delivery of Used Telsa.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I took ownership of a used Tesla from the inventory about a week ago. One of the worst experiences of my life. The vehicle was filthy on the interior. Stains on the back bench seats. Carpet was dirty as well. I felt like I purchase a vehicle from a private owner. I couldn't believe this from Tesla. I still trying to get my Tesla rep to provide a detailed cleaning, but according to the rep. "They don't detail used inventory." I had to vent about this..

Reactions: njhtran
"One of the worst experiences of my life" because the car was dirty?, geez what a sheltered life you must have.

I have never received a dirty used car from Tesla. They my not be spotless but dirty, no way.
Properly his used Tesla has very high mileage.
When bying used Tesla, select as low mileage as possible and 4 years of warranty.

I’m getting mine this Saturday, and my advisor told me they are going to do final inspection and detail the car before delivery. I will report back when I take delivery. Will it be different SC has different experience?

How was the car?
It’s pretty new condition and exceed my expectation. Almost scratch and ding free, tI like a lot. Only issues were the trunk powerlifting noise and one of the fwd squzeing noise, and I had scheduled an appointment with Tesla service to fix them. Also found the interior seats back a big scratch which did not show on the pics, so I talked to my advisor and they submitted a due bill to replace it for free, in addition my AP HW3.0 was also confirmed to upgrade. So all these are going to be one appointment next week. I will report it back here later.

I’m getting mine this Saturday, and my advisor told me they are going to do final inspection and detail the car before delivery. I will report back when I take delivery. Will it be different SC has different experience?

I highly recommend that when you take delivery don't drive off until you literally inspect every nook and cranny. Once you drive off after 100miles they will not take care of any issues that haven't been added to a due bill by then (without a fight).