Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased new MS a few months ago (2020), 1st rain wiper issue.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looking for some feedback. I live in Cali, purchased a new MS a few months ago. First rain if the year today... as I drove down the street, I turned the wipers one click and they made a few irregular jolts about 3 inches then stopped working. I stopped in a parking lot and tried turn them on/off a few time, no response. I hear a click, but no response. I tried a reset, turned off the wiper beta setting, nothing.

Wondering if anyone could help before going down a rabbit hole. Obviously would be nice not having to setup and wait for a service appt for windshield wipers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Call the 800 # and ask for assistance perhaps?

Seems like QC didn't bother to check to see if your wipers worked.

Regardless, waiting three weeks for a repair appointment is unsat; make sure you share that with your representative.

Better: if you're near a Service Center, just stop by Monday a.m. and see what they can do for you as this is a pretty serious defect. Sometimes there's a way to force a gap in the schedule for an emergency like yours.

Reactions: bmah and AMPd
Call the 800 # and ask for assistance perhaps?

Seems like QC didn't bother to check to see if your wipers worked.

Regardless, waiting three weeks for a repair appointment is unsat; make sure you share that with your representative.

Better: if you're near a Service Center, just stop by Monday a.m. and see what they can do for you as this is a pretty serious defect. Sometimes there's a way to force a gap in the schedule for an emergency like yours.
+1 to stopping by the service center. 3 weeks is unacceptable for an issue that affects the ability to drive the car

Do you by chance have Auto Wipers turned on. I've found it isn't that great at triggering wipers sometimes as it's still in Beta. If you pick any of the intermittent modes nothing happens unless it detects rain. Which I've seen it NOT do with significant or moderate rain randomly.

If you move it all the way past intermittent they should come on. Just a guess versus it being broken right out of gate.