Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased preowned M3 - Ownership transfer issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vroom is supposed to be reimbursing me for the detail I paid for to clean up the paint swirls and dirty interior, and I even spoke with one of their Executive Escalations people who assured it was approved and would be overnighted to me. That was 3 days ago and I've sent her several emails for follow up with no reply.

I'm going to have Tesla do the touch ups correctly, and I have service scheduled for next week to get that done. From order to delivery for us was about 3 1/2 weeks. We finally got the car on my Tesla account last night after waiting nearly a week from emailing Tesla with the info they needed. Car feels more like ours now. :)

So sorry to hear that you're going through that though. I will never use Vroom again for sure.
Congratulations on getting the car on your account. If you have paint issues, find a decent body shop and get their opinion on whether just a correction detailing will fix it or some respray is needed. Unless your local Tesla has a body shop attached (most don't) they won't have expertise on paint correction.

This discussion helped me out starting the ownership transfer process. Also, I fudged up and enabled valet mode by accident annnnnnd waiting for the ownership to be transferred. Smooth brain mode.
Also, I'm glad I bought my 19 M3 LR, w/12k mile from VROOM, right b4 the super increase of Tesla's. $45k when I bought it and now the same car is $55k.

This discussion helped me out starting the ownership transfer process. Also, I fudged up and enabled valet mode by accident annnnnnd waiting for the ownership to be transferred. Smooth brain mode.
Also, I'm glad I bought my 19 M3 LR, w/12k mile from VROOM, right b4 the super increase of Tesla's. $45k when I bought it and now the same car is $55k.
Same. Vroom is sending me $240 for the issues with the extra paint chip issue, which is more than enough to cover the cost of the touch up paint from Tesla. I just need to find a place to apply it since the service center told me they don't do that, after telling me they do. :mad:

Good news is Vroom also is covering the cost I spent for the detailing.

I also bought my '21 just before the latest price increase, so it's now a savings of at least $3500 over what a new '22 would be in the same paint and wheel configuration. Overall we are really happy with our purchase and am hoping the registration/plates won't be an issue.

Reactions: DragonZo