Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased THREE (3) Tesla Model S inside of 90-days!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My journey from my first to second and third Tesla, all within 90 days...

Last December (2014) we took the plunge, and purchased an inventory 2014 Model S 85. At time of purchase this vehicle had 1,500 miles on it and carried a $9k showroom discount. It replaced my Audi (which had actually also replaced a Volkswagen Touareg SUV just a year prior). This first Tesla is/was silver with the tech pkg, pano roof, 21" grey wheels, black nappa leather, and yacht floor. Part of the discount was obviously due to the age, seeing as how it was built Spring 2014 and was pre-autopilot hardware.

For the past 3-months we have put on over 4,000 miles on the Tesla, with my wife's Nissan Leaf (lease) pretty much sitting. Nobody wants to drive it! A few weeks ago we got to talking about how nice it would be to replace the Nissan Leaf with a more practical EV. Being 100% electric, and having enjoyed the Tesla as much as we have, it just made logical sense to become a two-Tesla household. So about a week ago we put down a deposit on an inventory car for her, another pre-autopilot car. This one is a pearl white Model S 60. It boasts tan performance leather, 21" silver wheels, alcantara headliner, carbon fiber decor, supercharging, and yacht floor. For what we need in a second vehicle, this is perfect-- the biggest reason? It has 5,600 miles and comes with an amazing $13,603 showroom discount! Yes, you read that right, almost $14k off sticker. Now again this car is pre-autopilot, and this one ALSO lacks the tech package. It will lease for just over $600 per month, which is just AMAZING! Perfect for her, and the color combo looks like a coach purse. She is VERY excited.

Of course the problem was that while she was shopping for an inventory Tesla, I was busy checking out the P85D and 85D inventory. I made the mistake of driving an 85D, and the rest was inevitable. After falling in love with the 85D, and realizing the P85D was just beyond my price range, I started to configure options and wants for an 85D build. Although I really wanted the next generation seats and subzero weather, they were able to find me an inventory car that lacks those two items, but still has the other features I wanted. This inventory car doesn't have quite the discount the prior two did ($6,500), but it will look gorgeous, and will replace my silver car I bought in December. It is a red 2015 85D, with black nappa leather, black alcantara headliner pano roof, 19" cyclone wheels, carbon fiber decor, dual chargers, tech pkg with auto pilot, and smart air suspension. At over 6% off MSRP it just seemed like a good time to buy.

Hopefully I won't regret not getting the NG seats, that is the one item that caused me a few days of contemplation. I'm a small framed male who finds the standard seats a bit too big for me, and would love that option... but if I ordered one with NG seats it would have been $2k more expensive, also no discount, and then I'd have gotten subzero, so we're talking with tax over $9k more to order a car that way. And for me that just wasn't worth it compared to this car. Not sure how quickly this will all come to completion ... but in the coming weeks then we'll be replacing BOTH cars in our garage with new (to us) Tesla vehicles. Just wanted to share in our excitement!

PS: The title of the thread is that I purchased 3 cars... technically one is in my wife's name, and also the first one is getting traded in for the 3rd one... but still, overall, 90-days from first deposit to last deposit, 3 inventory cars.. not too shabby, I'd say! Trifecta :)

Did the same (ultimately 4) but not in 90 days. Best purchases I ever made

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a record? Submit your story, you might make the blog. Customer Stories | Tesla Motors

Maybe in 90 days, but we got 4 total... and I just ran into someone with 5 (Think 1 is a roadster though)

Maybe in 90 days, but we got 4 total... and I just ran into someone with 5 (Think 1 is a roadster though)

Yea, I was referring to 90 days, I should have been more clear.
Jens Kratholm, a 56-year-old ophthalmologist, owns six Roadsters and a Model S. One of the Roadsters he gave to his wife, Ellen Røsnes, as a birthday gift, and the rest he shares among the couple’s six adult children, who drive the cars when they visit Narvik. But Kratholm also lets strangers test drive the vehicles and borrow them while he’s away. He even promotes the test drive opportunities to patients at his clinic.
A Tesla Superowner in the Arctic Circle | Tesla Motors

There is a family here in Cleveland, Ohio that has four (4) Tesla vehicles (two roasters, to Model S). But I doubt they acquired 3 of them within 90-days. So I do probably hold some sort of "record" ... :) My hope is that I can get photos of all three together (silver, white, red) plus my wife/I in a photo, to submit to Tesla for the blog!