Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a Model Y in April from Dublin. The date keeps slipping.
I then go to existing inventory (to watch for cancellations) and low and behold, I find my exact model - identical. After refreshing my screen for hours/days on end!
I get my VIN number immediately.
What I notice now is the price is $2000 more because they had price increases since my original order date - two increases.
Shouldn't Tesla honor the original pricing? Why would they not have assigned this VIN to me since it was in stock at my same pickup location?
Seems very unfair and shady. Here I am waiting months for my original order and I was able to buy and get the VIN in minutes.

I then go to existing inventory (to watch for cancellations) and low and behold, I find my exact model - identical. After refreshing my screen for hours/days on end!
What I notice now is the price is $2000 more because they had price increases since my original order date - two increases.
Shouldn't Tesla honor the original pricing? Why would they not have assigned this VIN to me since it was in stock at my same pickup location?
Seems very unfair and shady. Here I am waiting months for my original order and I was able to buy and get the VIN in minutes.
Yeah, absolutely they should.. But from what I’ve seen, it’s unlikely. I’ve seen, on multiple occasions, orders that were placed well before others get delivered to buyers who ordered over a month later.. With the EXACT same build. It’s absolute BS, no doubt, but they don’t seem to worry about doing the right thing, and it’s all about max $$.. At least for now.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and ankit
If it's the exact same specs as your original order, your SA should be able to "merge" the orders and honor the lower price. The only thing you'll be out of is the $100 order fee.

Reactions: Mini23
It can be referred to by another name. Bate and switch and it's illegal. You have a good argument that Tesla "bated" you with a certain car and later tells you that one is not available, but they have the exact same car at a higher price. Continue to press Tesla and escalate the issue. They know exactly what they are doing. I suspect the moment you mention soliciting legal counsel, you'll get your original price.