Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing 2016 Model X 75D with free supercharging, 95k miles, $40,500, good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchasing 2016 Model X 75D with free unlimited supercharging, 95k miles, for $40,500 from a private seller in Ohio. Needs 4 new tires. Had a local mechanic lift the vehicle no physical damange to the underside of the battery. No vibration had hard acceleration. This a good deal?

Other options included:
Cold weather package
Upgraded Fidelity Audio System
Leather black seats
Autopilot auto Steer
Exterior platinum metallic
20 inch slipstream wheels

With it out of warranty. I’m thinking about getting the X-Care extended warranty costing $7100 for 5 year and 50,000 miles. Thougths?

Attachments

• B07946E3-22F6-46A5-8D31-A3278D93D2E8.jpeg
    B07946E3-22F6-46A5-8D31-A3278D93D2E8.jpeg
    862.9 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: ElectricIAC
We
Did you end up buying? How's it going?
We did buy it and bought an extended warranty for 4 years and 50,000 miles. Read about potential maintenance costs at this mileage made sense to get the extended warranty before it was too later after 100k miles to add it. It has been an excellent car. Feel very solid and drives really well. A gasoline car would probably feel much more wear and tear. So far it has been a great decision to buy the extended warranty, we had the half shaft and other suspension components replaced, passenger and driver window motors replaced, and charger board replaced which all cost more than the warranty. The ride now feels like a new vehicle since they replaces the suspension with updated parts. Overall a great value buying it used with the extended warranty. Feel confident we can drive this another 100k miles without major issues. If the main big battery needs maintenance later could always find a outside shop to replaced it when the time comes.

Good info! I just put in an order for this 2017 Tesla MX 75D in Rockville MD US listed at Sold and will get the warranty right b/f TSLA's used warranty expires.

Did you get all the work done thru TSLA? Warranty thru @X-Care EV? Do they not cover HV battery?
Nice! How much were you able to get the 2017 MX for? Yes, got all work done through TESLA's service department and we bought X-Care. X-Care paid for the repairs minus the $100 deductible for each claim. Correct, X-care does not cover the HV battery or Drive units, this is covered under the manufacture's warranty, 8 years from manufacture date and unlimited miles on ours.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: vickh and XCare EV
Nice! How much were you able to get the 2017 MX for? Yes, got all work done through TESLA's service department and we bought X-Care. X-Care paid for the repairs minus the $100 deductible for each claim. Correct, X-care does not cover the HV battery or Drive units, this is covered under the manufacture's warranty, 8 years from manufacture date and unlimited miles on ours.
So very happy to hear these posts! We are very blessed to support our tribe.

Reactions: vickh

$44.5K+ 2.K delivery. Only bad thing is I can't test drive/kick the tires prior. But thats why I'm researching warranty

Other option is new Y but the third row is really cramped. I think if I can upgrade MCU1 (and maybe AP2.0) we should be good. How is your MCU1 doing?

$44.5K+ 2.K delivery. Only bad thing is I can't test drive/kick the tires prior. But thats why I'm researching warranty

Other option is new Y but the third row is really cramped. I think if I can upgrade MCU1 (and maybe AP2.0) we should be good. How is your MCU1 doing?
That is a great price! I flew over to check ours out before buying. Had a mechanic lift it up to see if there were any dents in the battery. We paid for the MCU2 upgrade when it was $1500. MCU1 was usable for us just delayed response. We do think the MCU2 was worth the upgrade made the UI experience more enjoyable.

Reactions: vickh
Price was right! but I'm worried about hardware upgrades (if doable with AP?). I know I'll get the mechanical stuff fixed under warranty in a year. vs new Y at that ~ price with tax credits