Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing 2017 (March) Model X 100D with FSD - good buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price - $65,500 plus taxes (no transportation fee - local car)
Mileage - 33,909
Warranty - 4 years/50,000 miles from the date of delivery

Features:

· Full Self-Driving Capability (AP 2.0)

· 20" Silver Wheels

· Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint

· White Premium Interior

· Dark Ash Wood Décor

· Black Headliner

· Five Seat Interior

· Free Unlimited Supercharging

· Technology Package

· Premium Upgrades Package

· Smart Air Suspension

· HEPA Air Filtration System

· Ultra High Fidelity Sound

· Subzero Weather Package

I thought towing package was part of the PUP, but is not listed. Appreciate any information in that regard.

Attachments

• img_857260035.jpeg
    img_857260035.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 85
Depends on condition of the car. Look at all pictures. I purchased a 2017 90d FSD with all the options for $60k. I refused at delivery because it was obviously in an accident in the front and back bumpers with a clean history. Paint job was bad. Someone else accepted it hour after me. To me spending another 3-4K to repair it wasn’t worth it. So I bought a 2018 6 seater with console , 22in onyx , EAP , Mcu2 for $68

Depends on condition of the car. Look at all pictures. I purchased a 2017 90d FSD with all the options for $60k. I refused at delivery because it was obviously in an accident in the front and back bumpers with a clean history. Paint job was bad. Someone else accepted it hour after me. To me spending another 3-4K to repair it wasn’t worth it. So I bought a 2018 6 seater with console , 22in onyx , EAP , Mcu2 for $68

The photos do not indicate any obvious accidents and support the clean Carfax. You are right that I will need to inspect it closely at the time of delivery. Your $68K purchase from Tesla on a 2018 MX is a great deal! congratulations!

As always if you delay your purchase you are likely to get a better deal. You might regret not getting a car with MCU2, otherwise that is a solid deal. If you buy a car from out of state you get the advantage of car pool lane stickers.

As always if you delay your purchase you are likely to get a better deal. You might regret not getting a car with MCU2, otherwise that is a solid deal. If you buy a car from out of state you get the advantage of car pool lane stickers.

Good point on missing MC2, but I currently do not see any issues with MC1 on my Model S. But again, I have no experience with MC2, so there is nothing to compare against. Worst case, I figured I can upgrade to MC2 in the future, if badly needed.
On the carpool decals, the car has Red stickers on, which are valid until Jan 2022. I am optimistic that DMV/CARB will renew the Red stickers then.

Good point on missing MC2, but I currently do not see any issues with MC1 on my Model S. But again, I have no experience with MC2, so there is nothing to compare against. Worst case, I figured I can upgrade to MC2 in the future, if badly needed.
On the carpool decals, the car has Red stickers on, which are valid until Jan 2022. I am optimistic that DMV/CARB will renew the Red stickers then.
Besides it being laggy, missing the more advanced entertainment options and basically being on borrowed time (even with a refreshed replacement) MCU1 is fine.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110

I’m not sure why you think they will renew the red stickers. The idea is to limit their usage to a set number of years to encourage more new EVs to be purchased. The red ones will expire, then the year after that the purple ones will expire, then the orange, and so on.