TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Purchasing a CPO MS

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rivera516, May 15, 2018.

1. Rivera516

Rivera516 Member

After going to the showroom in Bellevue this weekend and talking with a sales person that was a bit more knowledgeable; we've decided that the MS will work best for our needs.
    Now we are just looking at that price tag with the options we want:eek:. My husband asked me to research used since they will obviously be a little less and Tesla has such a long warranty on them.
    Our two biggest needs are a roof rack and hitch receiver ( we bike and kayak so need a way to carry both).

Long way around to my actual question......How do I tell when looking at a description of a used S if the glass roof, pano roof and a couple of other descriptions I've read is the one that will allow us to attach a roof rack?
    Also, are there any years that will not allow a hitch receiver? We'd like to stay with 2015 and newer.

TIA

2. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

Not sure on the others but the pano roof has the hookups for a roof rack.

3. Pipcecil

Pipcecil Member

Yes, you need the pano roof for the roof rack. As for the hitch, ecohitch provides a hitch for all models. Note that the model s is not rated for towing at all, so installation of any hitch can affect your warranty. But many model s owners have one installed.

4. Rivera516

Rivera516 Member

Thanks for your response, we are not worried about towing capacity, the receiver is for a bike carrier. We have electric assist fat tire bikes that weigh 65lbs, so picking them up to put on top of the car would be a bit of a struggle for us.