Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing a new car, MY vs RAV4 Prime

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it doesn't add up. On various Prime groups I belong to... Minnesota Toyota dealers don't get Prime allocations so potential buyers have to look out of state. You could buy the Prime, flip it to Carvana/CarMax/Vroom for more than you paid for it plus the $7500 tax credit then go buy a Model Y :)

Okay this is frustrating. I only assumed availability based on various dealership websites and their posted price. Last time I shopped for a car I could reliably use their website. Today I called 3 of them and all were just saying it was an ad to get on a wait list. No one actually had a car. More dealership games I suppose. So I guess its MY or bust. I had to push out my test drive due to some schedule conflicts so it'll be a couple weeks before I get a drive in.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Okay this is frustrating. I only assumed availability based on various dealership websites and their posted price. Last time I shopped for a car I could reliably use their website. Today I called 3 of them and all were just saying it was an ad to get on a wait list. No one actually had a car. More dealership games I suppose. So I guess its MY or bust. I had to push out my test drive due to some schedule conflicts so it'll be a couple weeks before I get a drive in.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Toyota's shortage is frustrating. They made so few of them too. Canadians have 3 year waits on Primes.

For something available NOW - look at an Ioniq 5 or EV6. Markups are all over the place for both. Both have smaller range than the Model Y (and also check how many DC chargers are in your area using PlugShare) but the wait time won't be 6 months.

• Informative
Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
saw this posted yesterday

1646416577444.jpeg

Nice! I heard last month was going pretty well
Lol
All the jokes aside, I can see that this hybrid SUV attracts the following crowd:
1. Toyota fan
2. Toyota reliability or boringness
3. Non car people who cares more about #1 and #2 above
4. Older people
5. People who want to deal with drawbacks of both EVs and ICE cars
6. People who just trust AWD badge thinking all AWD systems provide same level of traction.

Reactions: cusetownusa