Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing a spot on Ebay Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am new to the Model 3 Forum. I am a current Model X owner.

My little brother is in the market for a model 3 and has seen a way to purchase a reservation from someone on ebay.

I know very little about the model 3 process, but is this possible? Has anyone else on this forum purchased a reservation from someone else and actually received the car? What are the pitfalls?

Thank you for your help and input, it is much appreciated. He is eager to join the Tesla family.

Hi,
I am new to the Model 3 Forum. I am a current Model X owner.

My little brother is in the market for a model 3 and has seen a way to purchase a reservation from someone on ebay.

I know very little about the model 3 process, but is this possible? Has anyone else on this forum purchased a reservation from someone else and actually received the car? What are the pitfalls?

Thank you for your help and input, it is much appreciated. He is eager to join the Tesla family.

Yes, it is possible. Since you are a current owner, why don't you make the reservation for him? It may take a couple of weeks, but you'll likely be invited to configure in a short amount of time.

Otherwise, he'll likely have to spend a few hundred dollars for the reservation, and the only benefit of buying the reservation is getting the car a bit sooner.

Yes, it is possible. Since you are a current owner, why don't you make the reservation for him? It may take a couple of weeks, but you'll likely be invited to configure in a short amount of time.

Otherwise, he'll likely have to spend a few hundred dollars for the reservation, and the only benefit of buying the reservation is getting the car a bit sooner.
I would love to buy one for him and get him one in weeks, but I was told from multiple sources at my local Tesla store that they ended the current owner priority program. So I would be put at the back of the line. My gallery advisor told me that they ended this on May 22nd.

I would love to buy one for him and get him one in weeks, but I was told from multiple sources at my local Tesla store that they ended the current owner priority program. So I would be put at the back of the line. My gallery advisor told me that they ended this on May 22nd.

I think this would be the first I've heard of this. I wonder if Tesla corporate could confirm this?

Interesting. I think it's still worth trying, and seeing what the reservation page states after you submit the payment. It used to mention owner priority. As far as many of us know, the owner priority does not apply to the AWD or Performance 3.

If you're determined to buy someone's reservation, try to look for people on this forum who don't want their reservation(s) anymore. That's what I did. I wanted to buy a reservation so I could save my other reservation and get it sooner, but all eBay listings I saw looked fishy, so I ended up looking for people on this forum asking to buy their reservation and it worked!