Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adaptive cc is part of ap.
If no ap, Classic cc.

Oh. My mistake then. Not providing TACC as a standard package is just downright greedy then. Toyota Prius like cars have it. I didn’t realize one needs AP to enable TACC.

Heck, I’ll still make a case that even without the TACC, I’d be perfectly happy with normal cruise control and the lane departure assists and emergency braking for my commute. Driving the car is a lot of pleasure and I’m never anxious and always alert that way. I’ll happily return it today and get my $3k back and would never miss it. With that money, I’ll order the next generation gaming console (PS5 of course), a few games, and a 4K 65” TV. I’ll “drive” the Tesla to use the change to pick up a massive pizza with a whole bunch of toppings on it, some cheese garlic bread sticks or wings, and some Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper (gotta watch the calories), and will die fat dumb and happy with a few dollars still left to spare. People can keep tracking their lanes Lol.

Last edited:
Oh. My mistake then. Not providing TACC as a standard package is just downright greedy then. Toyota Prius like cars have it. I didn’t realize one needs AP to enable TACC.

Heck, I’ll still make a case that even without the TACC, I’d be perfectly happy with normal cruise control and the lane departure assists and emergency braking for my commute. Driving the car is a lot of pleasure and I’m never anxious and always alert that way. I’ll happily return it today and get my $3k back and would never miss it. With that money, I’ll order the next generation gaming console (PS5 of course), a few games, and a 4K 65” TV. I’ll “drive” the Tesla to use the change to pick up a massive pizza with a whole bunch of toppings on it, some cheese garlic bread sticks or wings, and some Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper (gotta watch the calories), and will die fat dumb and happy with a few dollars still left to spare. People can keep tracking their lanes Lol.

Lol

Not me I’ll be chillin in the cruisin lane

• Funny
Reactions: youngmcdonald

I never bought AP for my SR.
With $2000 (saved from not buying AP) + $2500 ( refund I received when I downgraded from SR+ to SR), I used the money as downpayment and leased a new LR AWD.
I sold my SR. On the SR, I would need new tires before this winter also. ($1000).
So I get AP, 322 mile range, 4.4 sec 0-60, AWD, and a new set of tires.
The monthly payment will be $30 higher than before.

I never bought AP for my SR.
With $2000 (saved from not buying AP) + $2500 ( refund I received when I downgraded from SR+ to SR), I used the money as downpayment and leased a new LR AWD.
I sold my SR. On the SR, I would need new tires before this winter also. ($1000).
So I get AP, 322 mile range, 4.4 sec 0-60, AWD, and a new set of tires.
The monthly payment will be $30 higher than before.

That awesome sounds like wins for you,
But didn’t you take a greater hit with the resale value of the sr

I was waiting for a sale to purchase it, and just did. It wasn’t worth $3K to me but for $2K what the heck.
Dude, I remember talking about our upgraded LR RWD and autopilot, I did the same! :)

After trying it for the first time, it needs improvements. I don’t like the oversteering then a correction (making the car wiggle) and phantom braking. The best use for me would be bumper to bumper traffic to minimize both of those inconveniences.

Dude, I remember talking about our upgraded LR RWD and autopilot, I did the same! :)

After trying it for the first time, it needs improvements. I don’t like the oversteering then a correction (making the car wiggle) and phantom braking. The best use for me would be bumper to bumper traffic to minimize both of those inconveniences.

I’m assuming you recently purchased autopilot just like me?
It’s been a couple days and your saying there is over steering then correction and phantom braking...
in your time of use did this happen a lot?
I haven’t driven mine since I brought auto pilot on the weekend just curious

That is how it drives, especially at higher speeds with a lot of traffic. Which is the main reason I did not want to spend $3K on it. It’s like having a student driver controlling your vehicle. I never thought it was all that useful but it’s nice to have in bumper to bumper traffic.

I’m assuming you recently purchased autopilot just like me?
It’s been a couple days and your saying there is over steering then correction and phantom braking...
in your time of use did this happen a lot?
I haven’t driven mine since I brought auto pilot on the weekend just curious
Yes, just bought it. Drove about 50 miles, phantom braking happened once not severe, oversteering 4 or 5 times. I thought all those quirks were taken cared of.

Nope, and just like FSD it only gets worse or flip flops from better to worse with each 2017.x 2018.x 2019.x and now 2020.x build. Genius of Tesla though given the huge fleet of beta testers that are ready/willing/able to provide feedback and test away.

APv3 hardware also retconned the reverse camera preview quality and general camera recording quality (sad as with H264 or H265 it should only be 'better' or just-as-meh with a lower file system footprint).

Reactions: vickh
Yes, just bought it. Drove about 50 miles, phantom braking happened once not severe, oversteering 4 or 5 times. I thought all those quirks were taken cared of.

interesting.. good to know..
Thanks for the info
Will keep an eye out for theses things when I turn it on next time
Happy to hear phantom braking wasn’t severe, if that happens often I’m going to get annoyed
I thought it would have been taken care of too