Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one go about purchasing extended warranty on a Tesla? I even called the SC and they didn’t really know how.
There is no longer anywhere in the Tesla account (that I can see) where to purchase it. I know at one point it used to be there but ever since they revamped the my Tesla account page it has since disappeared.
your help is appreciated. thanks

How does one go about purchasing extended warranty on a Tesla? I even called the SC and they didn’t really know how.
There is no longer anywhere in the Tesla account (that I can see) where to purchase it. I know at one point it used to be there but ever since they revamped the my Tesla account page it has since disappeared.
your help is appreciated. thanks

I think you have to get that at a service center per this page. I think it use to be an option when you logged into tesla . com. Webpage: Extended Service Agreement

There is a 3rd party from folks that worked at Tesla in the past: Xcelerate - Xcelerate Auto

• Funny
Reactions: KerryOH
I think you have to get that at a service center per this page. I think it use to be an option when you logged into tesla . com. Webpage: Extended Service Agreement

There is a 3rd party from folks that worked at Tesla in the past: Xcelerate - Xcelerate Auto
The service centre wasn’t much help. They didn’t even know pricing or how to do it. LOL
I guess I will have to try again. Was hoping to buy it online. LOL
I don’t want to do 3rd party.

Yes, this is the now hidden web page:

www.tesla.com/support/extended-service-agreement

It's as if Tesla doesn't want anyone to know about it, which is sad on several levels, the first of which is that they suspect or know the cost doesn't cover the future repair bills on older Teslas? The second is that they just don't want to support older Tesla?

Or am I just a "glass if half empty" kind of guy lately?

Reactions: blitzpa
Yes, this is the now hidden web page:
www.tesla.com/support/extended-service-agreement
It's as if Tesla doesn't want anyone to know about it, which is sad on several levels, the first of which is that they suspect or know the cost doesn't cover the future repair bills on older Teslas? The second is that they just don't want to support older Tesla?
Or am I just a "glass if half empty" kind of guy lately?
I pointed to that page above.

If you just go to the Tesla Support page you can get to it. Go to Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support then to 'Warranty' under Service and Repair.
Then it is here on that page:

Optional Extended Service Plans
To give you even more peace of mind, extended service plans are available for Model S and Model X. The Extended Service Agreement takes effect on the date that your original New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

I spoke to San Diego service too
5300, extension 4 years 50,000
4 yr at 50K is equiv of 12K / yr.

FYI Xcelerate - Xcelerate Auto mentioned above has plans that can account for more miles per year for people that drive more (commute and/or roadtrip)

They may have other variable plans than below. It was just an example they provided me based on my current yrs of ownership and miles driven.

2 year and 50,000 mile term (25K / yr)
3 year and 75,000 mile term (25K / yr)
3 year and 100,000 mile term (33K / yr)
4 year and 100,000 mile term (25K / yr)

Reactions: XCare EV
I walked into the service center and purchased it. This of course was about 20 minutes after I said I wanted to buy it because the rep said the cost was $5300 for 4 years instead of the actual $4800. It took them a while to realize that I was still in the 180 day period since I bought the car in October and that day I was there was December 24 :)

Just did mine last week. Not wanting to go the 30 miles to the SC and wait amongst the dying masses, I decided to try it through the mobile app. This was after sending an email to my SC and waiting for two weeks with no reply.

What I did was to fill out a service request and use the Other option. Then explained I wanted an ESA in the comments. A day later a service advisor texted me wanting to know what I was asking about. I explained I wanted to purchase an ESA and after about an hour she came back with the price and told me I could pay it through the the app if I approved. I said yes (there was a bit of an issue at first because she quoted me the 180 day price vs the 4 year later price).

Sure enough in a few hours there was a payment request in the app for the ESA. I used my CC and then downloaded the PDF invoice showing I paid for it.

I am pretty sure they did not even realize they could do this until I asked. Easy-Peasy.:D

Yesterday I purchased the ESA for my MX through the Tesla app by scheduling a service appointment and adding in notes. They invoiced me through the app. Easy. The current ESA contract is still online at PDF Vehicle Extended Service Agreement Terms and ... - Tesla and it states a $200 per visit deductible. I confirmed you can have multiple issues addressed per visit.

I debated this for a while but my rationale is that at least 1 or 2 out of warranty repairs of Tesla's "fabregé egg" over 4 years and 50K miles will be required. Between the acceleration shudder, FWD's, sensors, etc. I'd rather have the agreement with the SC in place and my experience with Tesla service thus far has been great.

Yesterday I purchased the ESA for my MX through the Tesla app by scheduling a service appointment and adding in notes. They invoiced me through the app. Easy. The current ESA contract is still online at PDF Vehicle Extended Service Agreement Terms and ... - Tesla and it states a $200 per visit deductible. I confirmed you can have multiple issues addressed per visit.

I debated this for a while but my rationale is that at least 1 or 2 out of warranty repairs of Tesla's "fabregé egg" over 4 years and 50K miles will be required. Between the acceleration shudder, FWD's, sensors, etc. I'd rather have the agreement with the SC in place and my experience with Tesla service thus far has been great.

Excellent idea, and hope you won't need to use it too often!

Reactions: aaronhoffman
Curious, not sure if you're in a sale tax state but was tax added? Or was it just the flat rate? ($5300). Thx!