TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Purchasing Music From the Touchscreen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Liked, but not well liked.

I was wondering if we have the ability to sample songs, and purchase them from the touchscreen. I'm assuming that iTunes might not work because it is a separate program. But what about Amazon Music and eMusic that are browser based? Sometimes I sample music from CD's, when I'm driving, and then only rip the songs I like to my PC. I was hoping I could replace this music collecting method with surfing for music on the touchscreen, since I will no longer have a CD player.

2. thimel

thimel Member

You can listen to virtually any song using Slacker in the media player. That is what I would recommend. The browser is slow and while you might be able to go to a website and purchase music, I don't know of a way to download it.

3. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

Doesn't anyone sample new music while driving around? I know you can't download the purchases to your Tesla. I would just purchase the songs I liked and then download them later onto my PC. I've tried doing streaming services like Slacker and Pandora, but they just don't fit my needs.

4. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Wait, you want to buy music while you're driving? Jeff Bezos loves you. But I'm not so sure about sharing a stretch of freeway with you.

Exactly how are you "sampling new music", if you aren't using streaming?

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I don't see how you could do that while maintaining an appropriate level of attention on the road and your surroundings.

6. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

7. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Sorry, I'm still not following you. You don't have a CD player in your Tesla so you aren't sampling CDs anymore. You say streaming with Slacker doesn't fit your needs. What are you doing?