Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing Music From the Touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if we have the ability to sample songs, and purchase them from the touchscreen. I'm assuming that iTunes might not work because it is a separate program. But what about Amazon Music and eMusic that are browser based? Sometimes I sample music from CD's, when I'm driving, and then only rip the songs I like to my PC. I was hoping I could replace this music collecting method with surfing for music on the touchscreen, since I will no longer have a CD player.

I was wondering if we have the ability to sample songs, and purchase them from the touchscreen. I'm assuming that iTunes might not work because it is a separate program. But what about Amazon Music and eMusic that are browser based? Sometimes I sample music from CD's, when I'm driving, and then only rip the songs I like to my PC. I was hoping I could replace this music collecting method with surfing for music on the touchscreen, since I will no longer have a CD player.
You can listen to virtually any song using Slacker in the media player. That is what I would recommend. The browser is slow and while you might be able to go to a website and purchase music, I don't know of a way to download it.

Wait, you want to buy music while you're driving? Jeff Bezos loves you. But I'm not so sure about sharing a stretch of freeway with you.

Exactly how are you "sampling new music", if you aren't using streaming?
Sometimes I sample music from CD's, when I'm driving, and then only rip the songs I like to my PC. I was hoping I could replace this music collecting method with surfing for music on the touchscreen, since I will no longer have a CD player.

Now that I have a Tesla, I have an answer. Just as you can't stream videos on the browser, you also can't stream music from the browser. I don't even think you can get any audio out of it. I guess I will just sample CDs by ripping them to a USB flash drive. Hopefully they fix the multi-artist album display issue soon.

I have also been enjoying the streaming music feature, but it is extremely repetitive.