TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Purchasing used Tesla and importing to EU

Discussion in 'Norway' started by dan1234, May 6, 2019.

1. dan1234

dan1234 New Member

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a used Tesla from Norway and was wondering if anyone knew the specifics on what taxes would be involved to bring it into the EU as I've read mixed reports.

From what I can see if buying a user car from private individual, no import duty or VAT has to be paid for cars being exported from EU/EAA. Does anyone know the list of requirements to be able to import a Tesla from Norway without paying additional import tax or VAT?

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. ATC@LWSK

Skopje,Macedonia/Abu Dhabi,UAE/Oakville,ON Canada
    Which country do you want to import it to?

3. dan1234

dan1234 New Member

Either the UK or Bulgaria - whichever is better!