Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pure vision and live dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the AP3/MCU2 Model S/X's are using the pure vision AP stack yet? I remember once Tesla went pure vision Elon said that the older cars with radar will keep using radar for a while, but have we made that transition yet or not? Anyone know?

Also, does anyone know why the similarly equipped Model S/X's with AP3/MCU2 are not getting the live dash cam feature? Don't we have all the same hardware as comparable (non-AMD) Model 3/Y's? What would be the logic behind not giving us the live dashcam feature?

The people who are on the Advanced Beta FSD are using the Pure Vision. For now, all other FSD and other users are still using the radar to my knowledge. Tesla made the decision that pre 2021 refresh models are now considered legacy, and will not get certain features that your describe. They want you to upgrade your Tesla like other manufacturers do by buying a newer model in this case. The refresh 2021+ do have a different GPU, but that probably doesn't limit implementing the features you describe to earlier cars.

The people who are on the Advanced Beta FSD are using the Pure Vision. For now, all other FSD and other users are still using the radar to my knowledge. Tesla made the decision that pre 2021 refresh models are now considered legacy, and will not get certain features that your describe. They want you to upgrade your Tesla like other manufacturers do by buying a newer model in this case. The refresh 2021+ do have a different GPU, but that probably doesn't limit implementing the features you describe to earlier cars.
Thanks for the reply. AFAIK, the AP3/MCU2 hardware is capable of live dash cam, turn signal, etc. It seems crappy for Tesla not to provide it for no other reason than to push us to upgrade our cars. That's not the Tesla I remember (being a customer since 2013). They've always provided functionality/feature parity if the hardware was capable.

Reactions: Art VandeIay